Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trim removal guide to access sliding door soft latch motor

B

Blackdog

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi folks
We have a t6 ocean. Soft latch motor is making squeal noise on opening (not on closing).
Tried greasing externally but likely need to access motor etc
Does anyone have a procedure to do this, how to remove trim and advise
Tx

Try some wd40 squirted in the rotating bit you can see using the little straw to get right in there

Tried similar by forcing lithium grease around perimeter of rotating shaft but no better. That’s why I suspect I need to gain access to see what’s what

Thanks. Unfortunately the video relates to replacing cables on full electric sliding door and does not include the soft latch motor access/removal

Thanks. Unfortunately the video relates to replacing cables on full electric sliding door and does not include the soft latch motor access/removal
Are you planning to remove the motor from the inside?

The noise is usually because of the pulley which needs to be accessed from the outside as in the video.

Edit- I understand that the access from the inside is more involved. My garage did that recently to replace the rear AC pipe that was bust and had to dismantle a lot. Never done that myself.

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk

Hi. The side door is soft latch only. It’s not auto open/close so no pulleys or cables etc So yes need to access motor by removing interior trim on the side next to door lock motor but I cannot find any guidance on best way to do this without damaging trim

Thanks welshgas. Gives a good overview of what’s there. Just need to figure out the trick to remove in the right order without causing unnecessary chaos :)

Hey Blackdog,
I fitted power latching to our side door (T6 2017 beach) ... from what I remember I dislodged/loosened upper pillar trim with hand loop first then lower big panel to squeeze in… I can’t remember well enough to advise you properly (5 yrs ago so just had a root around for instructions all I found was the attached picture of it after installed) but I used details from T6 forum so might be best if you jump over there (Pauly does kits for it).
Hope you get it sorted
Mark

IMG_9837.jpeg

It's pretty straight forward but time consuming. For full instructions login to Erwin.de and pay for a one use workshop manual, this will give you access to the VW manual and print off.The book time is 5 hoursI think. The motor is not cheap.

Back