Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Try before you buy

JollyGoodShow

JollyGoodShow

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I thought I'd share my wife's and my experience of the VW Try Before You Buy scheme
  • Any normal car, you'd ask for a demo and usually borrow a car for a few days to try it out
  • For Californias, VW have obviously figured out that unscrupulous buyers would just borrow Californias for a free holiday, so in effect they charge for an extended test drive
  • It's very easy to book and very easy to get the van; we booked ours through Breeze Poole, mainly because there are so many recommendations for that dealership on this forum - and in my experience, justifiably so
  • If you go on to buy a California (as we have), you get the rental back, so you do get a free holiday!
  • Trying the California for a few days resolved so many questions I had about what it would be like to drive, to live with, and what the options on the configurator were. I'm delighted to say that it didn't raise any new worries.
I'd recommend the Try Before You Buy scheme to anyone in a similar position: first-timers considering buying a new California and unsure whether what it will be like.

Back