Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turkey: insurance - and more

ThisIsChristoph

ThisIsChristoph

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We are looking at the possibility of an extended stay in Turkey and our current insurer Safeguard does not at all (even for a short stay) cover Turkey. Indeed, there don’t appear to be many insurers at all covering Turkey! My last try was Sterling who would only cover Third Party insurance which isn’t quite what we’re after.
I’m now considering an insurance company *in* Turkey. We may be there for about 18-24 months but I’d be very keen to avoid the import route.
Long shot, but has anyone had experience with this?

some info here (good luck)
report back to help others

This guy bought insurance at the boarder !

it’s a bit disjointed but he explains at 11.40 in

expat info

I think I’m right in saying that insurance bought at the border will be third party only.
I agree, merely trying to give the OP a spread of information so they can assess their options. Plenty of relevant detail provided in my various posts To allow an informed decision to be made.

Many many thanks @Perfectos - really appreciate it. I had a quick look at all the links and will dive in this evening and report back.

We are looking at the possibility of an extended stay in Turkey and our current insurer Safeguard does not at all (even for a short stay) cover Turkey. Indeed, there don’t appear to be many insurers at all covering Turkey! My last try was Sterling who would only cover Third Party insurance which isn’t quite what we’re after.
I’m now considering an insurance company *in* Turkey. We may be there for about 18-24 months but I’d be very keen to avoid the import route.
Long shot, but has anyone had experience with this?
You could try Clements who cover Europe but not cheap, we are HM Forces in Italy (Naples) and recently been quoted just shy of €3000 for 12 months policy.