Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm proof

Vantastic2

Vantastic2

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Have just come off the phone from our new insurer for this year, Staveley Head, who have today agreed to accept that our Cali has a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm fitted. The issue has been that when I filled out the statement of fact we added Thatcham 1 alarm onto the information rather than just tick the box "factory fitted", I explained this to the insurer but unfortunately this lead to them asking us to provide a certificate of fitting before they would issue our full insurance certificate, we have had a cover note for the past 10 days, as they would not accept that this is a Thatcham compliant factory fitted alarm/immobiliser with anti tow away device. My wife rang Volkswagen UK who directed her to the Thatcham website where they hold a list of vehicles which they verify as being approved and the Cali appears on there, Volkswagen advised that they direct queries from insurance companies to this. However, the insurer would not accept this and still asked for a certificate, suggesting we go to a local garage :headbang . Eventually after speaking to one of the managers at Staveley Head today, and her ringing the underwriters,(Qudos, a Danish company) they have agreed to accept that yes the Alarm complies to the standard and our full insurance certificate has been e-mailed to us - phew. Just thought we would add this information in case anyone else gets the problem. Further note though, the temporary cover note was of concern as usually we get full certificates issued with past insurers which would be invalid if the information we supplied was incorrect, however I understand that cover notes provide only third party insurance and there is no small print on there mentioning that the insurance complies with EU insurance requirements??

Back