Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two Tone - Ascot Grey as a base?

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

I was looking at a Candy White van as a base for a two tone, going for a period VW flat colour on the bottom. I would likely have this sprayed for finish & durability. My preference (having also read thoughts on this forum of paint vs wrap). So it would be permanent.

I’ve been wondering about using an Ascot Grey van as a base instead.And using a wrap. Saves £300 and may be more desirable than a base white van if someone wanted to undo the wrap.

I feel wrap gives more latitude to go wild, given it’s not permanent.

How do people feel apeing the Microbus (now ID Buzz) concept colours, using Ascot Grey with a yellow wrap would look?
IMG_0058.jpegIMG_0060.jpeg

I think all the two tone vans look amazing. The yellow wouldn’t be for me, but your original idea of a flat colour like an olive green would look superb with the Ascot grey. All personal preference, of course.

I think this is what roadsurfer must do with some of their Californias

97AA7CE1-D2C4-49D1-B681-81792745DF61.jpeg

I think all the two tone vans look amazing. The yellow wouldn’t be for me, but your original idea of a flat colour like an olive green would look superb with the Ascot grey. All personal preference, of course.
Indeed, colour is a very personal choice, so subjective. Yellow is quite shouty.

Hence my thoughts of flipping to Ascot, probably more desirable than Candy White?

I love the old splittie colour ‘Mango’

We have an Ascot Grey that originally we were going to do a lower wrap. However, the colour has really grown on us so have left as is - plus, we have yet to find a colour that really compliments the grey...

Personally I feel Ascot Grey and some form of green (olive?) Would go really well together. But that would result in a 'low key' colourcombination. nothing flashy.

Hi

I was looking at a Candy White van as a base for a two tone, going for a period VW flat colour on the bottom. I would likely have this sprayed for finish & durability. My preference (having also read thoughts on this forum of paint vs wrap). So it would be permanent.

I’ve been wondering about using an Ascot Grey van as a base instead.And using a wrap. Saves £300 and may be more desirable than a base white van if someone wanted to undo the wrap.

I feel wrap gives more latitude to go wild, given it’s not permanent.

How do people feel apeing the Microbus (now ID Buzz) concept colours, using Ascot Grey with a yellow wrap would look?
View attachment 116017View attachment 116016
We originally were thinking of a two tone finish but in the end couldn’t justify the extra expense which would have pushed us over our budget. We have an Ascot grey Coast and have received so many admiring comments about it

We have an Ascot Grey that originally we were going to do a lower wrap. However, the colour has really grown on us so have left as is - plus, we have yet to find a colour that really compliments the grey...
These were my thoughts. If I do nothing, I’m fairly certain the colour would work for me.

I have a light grey Abarth 500 that I bought 14 years ago which still looks fresh to me.

Back