Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does any current (or previous owner) have buyer’s remorse with their choice of Ascot Grey?

I like the idea of using it as a base for two tone. But I’d be happier with grey than white on the chance I can’t afford/don’t get around to it.

On the flip side, I saw a T Roc in AG, it looked great from some angles. And very beige from others. I appreciate many refer to it as a chameleon colour.

Other option is straight Cherry Red. No two tone.

I think Californias look great in Ascot Grey, so I wouldn’t discount that. If thinking of going for a wrap, that does complicate the insurance and premiums already seem to be increasing considerably.

Of course cherry red is one of those colours you either love or hate. It did grow on me over time, although it seemed shockingly bright to start with. Living in London with busy on street parking it is definitely easy to spot when you forget exactly where you parked it!

Last edited:
20231117_100208.jpgOur Ascot Grey with gloss black grill and dogbones, spoiler and splitter and smoked LED lights. When we ordered (July 2021) the standard choices were only Ascot or Cherry Red. My brother has a red one, so I wanted something different. The grey has really grown on me - it looks different colours in different lights - really glad we went for AG, no regrets at all.

Haha, don’t ask someone who is proud of their van (and colour) if it’s a good idea…… their answer will nearly always be “Yes!”

Colour is a very personal choice….. I don’t particularly like the AG, but a lot of people don’t like the two tone green and white…… I do :D

I like ours in AG. Been surprised by how many compliments we've had actually . . . we were going either for AG or Red to keep the value under £75k for insurance purposes, no regrets. Hides dirt fairly well too.

I like ours in AG. Been surprised by how many compliments we've had actually . . . we were going either for AG or Red to keep the value under £75k for insurance purposes, no regrets. Hides dirt fairly well too.
Compliments? Not sure I get many of those; but I do get an awful lot of people waving at me… mostly they are standing at bus stops!

Last edited:
It is a colour that really comes out in the Sun. Hmm, maybe not a good idea for the UK then.

PXL_20230920_094501825.jpg

Does any current (or previous owner) have buyer’s remorse with their choice of Ascot Grey?

I like the idea of using it as a base for two tone. But I’d be happier with grey than white on the chance I can’t afford/don’t get around to it.

On the flip side, I saw a T Roc in AG, it looked great from some angles. And very beige from others. I appreciate many refer to it as a chameleon colour.

We chose Ascot Grey, absolutely love it, it’s a great colour & gets a lot of admiring comment.

Ascot grey and Sportspack is a winning combo. I have a Pure Grey Coast but would have chosen the AG combo given the option.
I quite like Ascot grey but I really like the pure grey, it be what I would go for if I ever ordered a new one. I’m happy with my two tone though even if it is a pain to keep looking clean.

Nice colour. Would look great with black alloys imho.
That’s interesting as I was considering powder coating my Devonports in gloss black once they start to look worn, which doesn’t take long in London!

Nice colour. Would look great with black alloys imho.
That’s the plan, want to get these powder coated but I’m going to wait a bit maybe until they need a refurb.

We bought our Coast last year in Ascot Grey and definitely have no buyers remorse especially regarding the colour. We’ve received so many positive comments on the colour

The colour is fine, the saving over metallic paid for options. Also, it blends well with dirt from Suffolk roads.

Some serious droopy butt syndrome going on there. Love the concept though. AG swamper style.

Back