Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre blow out - M6

A few months back a fella down my road had his BMW up on a jack, pushing and pulling, drove past 1/2 an hour later and three of them with literally a sledge hammer and chock of wood beating the proverbial cr.p of it, along with some choice language.
One way to try is to loosen the wheel nuts slightly and rock the car back and forth.

Wrong end of lakes, doubtful that the tank would be in the way, have you asked Hadwin's? they are a Volkswagen Commercial Service Centre and used to service my beach before I found an independent in Carlisle

Newby Bridge.
Just spoken to a mechanic and he would need to have a look as it may not be possible depending on where water tank if located. Could this be right?
The water tank will not be a problem . He , obviously does not know anything about the California. Many conversions have underslung water tanks but not the California.

Hadwins were my first port of call but they told me to look in forum, find out if it has been done, what needs to be done and then go back to see if they can fit it.
I have just asked my usual mechanic.

Last edited:
That was my first port of call but they told me to look in forum, find out if it has been done, what needs to be done and then go back to see if they can fit it.
I have just asked my usual mechanic.
It would be a 30 minute job to fit the carrier.

Just watched a youtube video, seems pretty easy to fit, have you got the parts yet?
If they charge you more than an hour they are robbing you

Back