Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre help

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Need advise.
I’m at the purchasing stage and Kwikfit online site only icons showing on the recommended tyres are 4 x 4 ( doesn’t mention XL )
All the other categories are correct ie reg in and up come the rec’s but all show 4 x 4
My sizes are 235/55/17 103 V
, original Turanzas
All Seasin Turanzas just state 4x 4 ????
Confused !

XL extra load is 103 on your current tyres what you need to ensure they have 103 on tyres

103.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered Michelin Cross Climate 2?

I was looking at those too… sometimes just too many !

The Michelin CC2’s for the 235/55/17 XL have speed rating Y, I was under impression you should stick to original which is V .
If Y is a higher speed rating than V it should be ok.

“Despite the name, the speed ratings are not only about speed. The speed rating also gives an indication as to the tyre's comfort levels, rate of wear, traction, and performance when cornering.

For example, tyres which have been developed to produce a high speed rating are generally better equipped to deliver greater grip and braking - however their durability and winter weather performance may not be as strong as tyres with a lower speed rating.” from black circle website

The Michelin CC2’s for the 235/55/17 XL have speed rating Y, I was under impression you should stick to original which is V .
As long as the tyre speed rating is H or higher then your good to go. I very much doubt you will ever get near 130mph in your California, even downhill on the autobahn with a following wind.

IMG_2305.jpeg

I was looking at those too… sometimes just too many !
I only suggest them because I had a full set fitted to my van just a few weeks ago. Many people on here rate them very highly. As for speeds the others have answered that for me.

When I lived in Glasgow I always found National Tyres in Paisley very good. They also have a tasty discount on Goodyear Vector 4 seasons right now (my other tyre choice)

As long as the tyre speed rating is H or higher then your good to go. I very much doubt you will ever get near 130mph in your California, even downhill on the autobahn with a following wind.
Well shatter my dreams @WelshGas !! :D