Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressures

C

Cooperman19

Guest User
Hi, I have just bought a Cali (2006) and have 16 inch wheels 205/65/16C tyres but can't find the true pressures. I have looked on the door but I can't read the label it is badly marked, any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks :headbang

Hi,

Unfortunately because this was originally a German import, all the books/manuals are written in German !! Pictures are okay but the rest is all down to guess work. :headbang

Cheers Calikev what a star you are, the answer to all of my questions on tyres, very much appreciated. :thumb

Sorry to resurect this one, the late says 46/48 for me, 16 inch, I checked them after a warning light and they were all 39. Topped up to 46/48 seemed to drive better.
Anyone have any advice on standard alloys for now

Sorry to resurect this one, the late says 46/48 for me, 16 inch, I checked them after a warning light and they were all 39. Topped up to 46/48 seemed to drive better.
Anyone have any advice on standard alloys for now

What does it say on door pillar or in handbook?

John

Does anyone know if those Tyre Pressures are specific for the California SE?
The reason I ask is that there is not that much difference in weight between a SE with 2 passengers and one with 4 passengers and yet there is a difference in tyre pressures of some significance.
I run mine on the pressures detailed for 2 passengers, as there are only 2 of us.

Mines 44/39 for 2 passengers or 45/45 for 4. I'm on 17" alloys.

I in fact run on 44/38 because I was getting central wear on the tyres at anything over those pressures. When I got it they were on 45/45.
Now I get even tyre wear. Last set of tyres gave me 21,000 miles and were still legal when I changed to Cargo Vectors.
I never changed them around during that time. I change all 4 at a time because of the 4Motion.

I changed the front 17inch Michelin at 20,500 they wore even and still had some legal miles left on them
Rear Tyres seem only half worn
Tyre pressures 45/48 anything over and I feel I'm getting a hard ride,besides I'm not sure that the air pressure is consistent from one service station to another!
I'm mainly driving solo

Alan

Hi can anyone help I have a 2015 t5 sportline 60 just changed front tyres now tyre pressure loss indicator warning light has come on and the dash says reset tyre pressure. There is no button on the dash and nothing on the multifunction wiper stalk. What am I doing wrong where can I find this reset button???????

Hi can anyone help I have a 2015 t5 sportline 60 just changed front tyres now tyre pressure loss indicator warning light has come on and the dash says reset tyre pressure. There is no button on the dash and nothing on the multifunction wiper stalk. What am I doing wrong where can I find this reset button???????
Do you have the Multifunction Display on the Dashboard. My Tyre Pressure Reset is one of the menu items.

Do you have the Multifunction Display on the Dashboard. My Tyre Pressure Reset is one of the menu items.
A long hold on the right stick buttons enters various menus for phone, Bluetooth and vehicle settings. Just ensure the pressures are correct then reset. If the pressures were the same before changing it shouldn't have flashed. Unless something's been touched.

A long hold on the right stick buttons enters various menus for phone, Bluetooth and vehicle settings. Just ensure the pressures are correct then reset. If the pressures were the same before changing it shouldn't have flashed. Unless something's been touched.

Hi thanks all done it doesn't explain that in the owners manual. Cheers