Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Wear

S

supsurfen

Another request for advice from the forum.I have noticed that all my tyres appear to have a mark allthe way around the outer rim where the tyre sits on the road.I am currently in germany and have put a set of all year tyres on with steel wheels , and this has now appeared on new tyres.On inspection of the tyres themselves they all appear to be wearing evenly and the Cali drives well with no shaking or rattleing, is this normal perhaps because of the weight of Cali, and has anyone else experienced this.
Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.
pgsup :sad

I have noticed a mark like this when I have been driving on well surfaced roads for any length of time. I my case this just the boundary of the slightly worn rubber that sits on the road and the more polished new rubber on the tyre wall.

Provided you have checked that the tyres are all in good condition, at the correct pressure and show no obvious damage then I would not worry unduly. Just keep an eye on them for the duration of your trip in Germany, or get them checked at a tyre shop when they open again.

If before then you are still worried, post a picture here and I am sure a more expert eye will be able to advise you better than I can.

Alan

Thanks Alan for your reply, will check it out with VW UK when back.
pgsup