Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Updated to 18" alloys or larger?

D

dominichayhoe

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Those of you who have put 18" alloys or above on, what tyres have you used?

I cannot find any with a high enough load rating in that size i.e. 112 or above.

You can find all details here: https://www.vredestein.com/car-suv-tires/products/1656-QUATRAC-PRO/

The 255/45R18 is 103 load rating with a speed rating of Y (186 mph) and a tread wear of 400 (excellent).

Could also go with the 245's probably with a 100 load rating.
You do know that 110 load rating only just squeaks under the 2100KG of the rear axle? So a 103 or worse 100 is well under rated.

If you have these on yours, and you have under a 110 load rating, you are under rated, which is an MOT failure and most likely quite dangerous.

Checking the above website, there's only 3 x 17" tyres that have a load rating high enough for this vehicle.

You do know that 110 load rating only just squeaks under the 2100KG of the rear axle? So a 103 or worse 100 is well under rated.
Webbah is posting about what he's putting on his Club Joker which is based on a T6.1 LWB. Probably not realised everyone else is talking about GCs

If you have these on yours, and you have under a 110 load rating, you are under rated, which is an MOT failure and most likely quite dangerous.

Checking the above website, there's only 3 x 17" tyres that have a load rating high enough for this vehicle.
Fair enough, and I should have checked the sub forum this was posted under. I don't have a grand cali.