Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade glass cooker hood?

paul-thompson

paul-thompson

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all - has anyone thought about upgrading t6 glass cooker hood to the split hood? Would be a really handy addition but not sure it’s worth the cost. Talking of which I wonder also how much it would cost ?

I thought the single panel costs about € 400. The two separate panels are about € 350 each, if I remember well. :talktothehand

Thank you ‍♂️. Good old VW cost. Think I’ll live without

I thought the single panel costs about € 400. The two separate panels are about € 350 each, if I remember well. :talktothehand
And wouldn't you need a new sink (or modify your own) to fit the middle hinge post?
As was demonstrated in recent posts, the split top is not without consequences.... One sink cover shattered, suspected caused by heat from an oversized pan.... So both covers up while cooking maybe a sensible precaution....which is an automatic feature of the pre 2018 model year versions!

The "old" galss panel is held up by a gas strut on the right side (sink). The new split glass panels are held up by "hard" hinges. And yes, when cooking it is best to have both panels up. The only advantage would be that you can leave the panel over the burners closed and get a bigger working surface when doing dishes or washing things.

I looked up for the prices: big panel = € 337
2 split panels = € 280 + € 337, including modified hinges.

Back