Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shattered Cooker Glass T6 Ocean

Travelling Togs

Travelling Togs

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I had an accident over the weekend and shattered the glass top over the cooker section in our T6 Ocean. Totally my fault so no, I won't be trying to claim on the warranty. It is the latest 3 section cover version T6 and the middle section over the gas burners which has shattered. Calling our dealer tomorrow morning to order a replacement but wondered if anyone else has needed to replace this and at what cost ? It seems the glass itself probably can't be replaced on its own, needing the metal hinge and front catch bars all 'in one' piece with the glass. It looks to be a simple swap over with allen key screws on each hinge accessible but I think I will ask the dealer to swap them over and get the alignment perfect.

Any further info / experience of similar gratefully received.

Heat induced?

Yes, an accident waiting to happen but lesson learned. New glass cover ordered today from dealer, has to come from Germany as no stock in Blighty, so will take a couple of weeks at least to arrive. Never mind, no one hurt and nothing else damaged at all and we can still use the burners so just a slight inconvenience, if a tad expensive :)

prepare yourself for a large bill

Indeed ...... about what I expected before hearing the confirmation eeeeek :) As I said, fortunately there was no further damage to any part of the Cali and the shattered glass was confined to the burner area and easily cleaned up, and no one was hurt, so it could have been far worse. I would guess we aren't the first and won't be the last for this to happen to.

Hi John and Karen, had my cooker hood replaced under warranty last month due to faulty catch. Bloke at VW told me would have cost £300. Hope, for your sake he was wrong.
Good luck
Phil

The same thing has happened to me but it was the glass over the sink. Lid left down while using right hand burner schoolboy error. Does anyone know the part number or an idea of cost? It’s a 2018 Ocean with the split top.
Thanks

Back