Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgraded to Windows 10

Eileen

Eileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Upgraded to Windows 10 last night from 8.1, all went smoothly, just trying to find my way around it. Has anyone found any good new features?

It feels as though I spent most of August sorting out Windows 10 problems on my three systems.

One system died halfway through the installation. I eventually got the system limping along but decided life is too short for this sort of hassle and scrapped it.

Got my new system with Win 10 pre-installed but my Adobe CC programs wouldn't work, nor would Outlook. Took hours (on forums other than Microsoft's!) to find some obscure missing files and eventually it worked. More hours to get Bluetooth working and so on. Bluetooth sort-of works when it feels like it, so I have a second good old USB wired keyboard to hand for when Bluetooth is in the huff.

Then my Microsoft Surface 3 - Outlook (a Microsoft program running on Microsift hardware!) wouldn't work with Win 10 so more hours on the forums to eventually find a missing file. The Adobe CC programs didn't work of course but I knew how to fix that by now.

The best thing about Windows 10 is that it doesn't offer an upgrade to Windows 11.

Can't figure out where to put those two xtra windows on my Cali....

It feels as though I spent most of August sorting out Windows 10 problems on my three systems.

One system died halfway through the installation. I eventually got the system limping along but decided life is too short for this sort of hassle and scrapped it.

Got my new system with Win 10 pre-installed but my Adobe CC programs wouldn't work, nor would Outlook. Took hours (on forums other than Microsoft's!) to find some obscure missing files and eventually it worked. More hours to get Bluetooth working and so on. Bluetooth sort-of works when it feels like it, so I have a second good old USB wired keyboard to hand for when Bluetooth is in the huff.

Then my Microsoft Surface 3 - Outlook (a Microsoft program running on Microsift hardware!) wouldn't work with Win 10 so more hours on the forums to eventually find a missing file. The Adobe CC programs didn't work of course but I knew how to fix that by now.

The best thing about Windows 10 is that it doesn't offer an upgrade to Windows 11.
Should have got a Mac.
Been through 5 Operating System Upgrades without a problem.
With Windows there were ALWAYS problems with each upgrade. Best decision I ever made was to dump Microsoft and go with Apple.:thumb

Upgraded to Windows 10 with the Edge Browser. No problems, its different so takes a little time to get used to it like any other upgrade. Edge browser seems ok sometimes I prefer the old iE on the whole no problems.

Back