Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Booking summer holidays

W

WooburnCalifornia

We are using this time between Christmas and new year to book our summer holidays.

Sadly we need to go in school holidays and we are shocked by the prices at some of the sites we are trying to book in France for July.

I have also noticed many sites are charging a booking fee of around 10 Euro, even if you stay for just one night

It is all fun though , I think I enjoy booking the places more than the actual holiday :)

Anyone else doing the same?

We have planned a Paris / Dordogne trip for Easter.

For the Summer we have been trying to plan a route through Scandinavia - but struggling to find a good driving to camping ratio. Especially as you can't ferry to Denmark any more.

Some have put down their experiences here , starting with what the title says ....

We have planned a Paris / Dordogne trip for Easter.

For the Summer we have been trying to plan a route through Scandinavia - but struggling to find a good driving to camping ratio. Especially as you can't ferry to Denmark any more.
Harwich to Hook of Holland - or Euroshuttle/Ferry and drive 2-3 days driving to Copenhagen then cross 'The Bridge".

I drove from Calaise to Nordkapp in 7 days averaging 300 miles a day, between 9am and before 4pm. Normally pitched up by 4. That was with stops for morning coffee and lunch. The roads north of Stockholm are very good. Easy to travel on . Plenty of campsites and wild camping spots. So if you concentrate on getting north of Stockholm then you should have 10 to 12 days to tour.