Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

USB Ports

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. Anyone help with this: Does the 6.1 (2021) have a usb media port that will allow me to plug in an external cd drive so that I can play cds and hear them through the 6.1's speakers? If so, where is it? I have a suspicion that it doesn't have one.

Hi all. Anyone help with this: Does the 6.1 (2021) have a usb media port that will allow me to plug in an external cd drive so that I can play cds and hear them through the 6.1's speakers? If so, where is it? I have a suspicion that it doesn't have one.
Yes - the two USB-c slots in the dash next to the small bin should do it. At least they work when running music from my phone with a cable (which sounds better than Bluetooth). I haven’t tried it with a CD drive but hopefully when you connect it you will see it in media in the display, with selectable track listings.

Yes - the two USB-c slots in the dash next to the small bin should do it. At least they work when running music from my phone with a cable (which sounds better than Bluetooth). I haven’t tried it with a CD drive but hopefully when you connect it you will see it in media in the display, with selectable track listings.
Thanks for that GrahamB. Will investigate.

I have they done away with the CD player in the T6.1 VW California audio system ?

Would in not be easier to rip the CDs to mp3 and have them all on 1 usb stick?

Used to have a slot in vinyl disk player in my Prefect 107E.

I have the standard media unit in my Coast and run my tunes from the SD card slot. Is that an option at all?

Used to have a slot in vinyl disk player in my Prefect 107E.
Way off topic, but can you tell me more about it?
The reason that I ask is that when hitch-hiking as a student, I was once given a lift in an E-type jag which had one of these fitted. The driver had a large box of 45's and was playing them one after another, selecting those that he liked into another box and throwing the ones he didn't like into a third box. It transpired that he was a pirate radio D.J. but I didn't get his name.
The reason that I am asking is that whenever I tell this story, no-one believes that such a device existed.

We have had the new California for nearly a fortnight now - well worth the wait!

Quick question - where do you store / rest / put your smartphone when it is connected to one of the two USB-C sockets to the left of the gearshift?

Way off topic, but can you tell me more about it?
The reason that I ask is that when hitch-hiking as a student, I was once given a lift in an E-type jag which had one of these fitted. The driver had a large box of 45's and was playing them one after another, selecting those that he liked into another box and throwing the ones he didn't like into a third box. It transpired that he was a pirate radio D.J. but I didn't get his name.
The reason that I am asking is that whenever I tell this story, no-one believes that such a device existed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XJ4G8CP/?tag=eliteelect-21

Something similar, mine was 12v fitted below Dashboard in a slot in carrier.