Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Useful iPad iPhone Apps?

scraynes

scraynes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just wondering what apps some of you find useful whilst touring around in your Cali's

I often nip other France and enjoy 'wild' sites for a night or two and have found the park4night app very useful for finding places.

Are there any other apps out there, camper van cooking etc or the like?

Regards

Spencer

We occasionally use the built in "Compass" to ensure we're level when we park up.

Also, the CC&C little app' is quite good.

I have the "around me" app which is useful for local amenities such as atm's, coffee bars, petrol stations etc.

Also I have "antenna aligner" for when i set up my tv.

Like the use of the compass as a level, I'd forgotten it could do that so thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:
Viewranger, for finding out of the way camp sites (on the OS maps) and somewhere to walk/cycle.
Google maps, to check the traffic (built in sat nav doesn't have this).

Found another one. Flush

It has details of public loos - might be useful to those of us that wild camp, if you know what I mean.

+1 for geocaching apps, makes dog walks more fun also !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maps.me

Off line maps, even has paths and bridleways, so much better than google for walkers. So great when you haven't any interweb.

I'm also now a convert to the FON app since my purchase of the FON thingy as per the recent discussions on WiFi etc.

Agree on the geocaching app - Just back from a few days in the Loire cycling with the cali. A spot of Geo caching along the way kept my boy interested.

Thanks to a tip on another thread from @Meoncoast suggesting the spirit level app, does anyone else have any top app tips for a new boy?

Thanks to a tip on another thread from @Meoncoast suggesting the spirit level app, does anyone else have any top app tips for a new boy?
Archie’s Camping App. 30,000 plus campsites across Europe with contact details, website, if there is one, and GPS co-ordinates. Includes U.K., including ASCI and Caravan & Motorhome and Camping & Caravan Club sites.

Thinking about it, maybe not an App tip, but if you have a Three Mobile package check if you’ve got the ‘Go Binge’ tarrif. This allows you to stream certain tv and music without using your data, great for wet days and evenings.

Also Three allow you to set up a personal hotspot, so the kids et al can link their WiFi devices to your phone...

What is Go Binge?
Just imagine, you could be frolicking in an ocean of infinite content. One made of your favourite shows like Narcos, Stranger Things, even Gilmore Girls. But not just shows. Infinite music too. From the US Top 10 to the freshest emerging artists on the planet.

We’ve teamed up with Netflix, TVPlayer, Deezer, SoundCloud and Apple Music to let you stream shows and music infinitely, anytime, without using up your mobile data - exclusively to Three. So, what are you waiting for? Switch to Three and enjoy the feeling of infinite streaming. Go Binge.

Thinking about it, maybe not an App tip, but if you have a Three Mobile package check if you’ve got the ‘Go Binge’ tarrif. This allows you to stream certain tv and music without using your data, great for wet days and evenings.

Also Three allow you to set up a personal hotspot, so the kids et al can link their WiFi devices to your phone...

What is Go Binge?
Just imagine, you could be frolicking in an ocean of infinite content. One made of your favourite shows like Narcos, Stranger Things, even Gilmore Girls. But not just shows. Infinite music too. From the US Top 10 to the freshest emerging artists on the planet.

We’ve teamed up with Netflix, TVPlayer, Deezer, SoundCloud and Apple Music to let you stream shows and music infinitely, anytime, without using up your mobile data - exclusively to Three. So, what are you waiting for? Switch to Three and enjoy the feeling of infinite streaming. Go Binge.

We only realised recently that Go binge allows tethering, it is terrific value for money.

The Camperstop app is worth having. I use it all the time in Europe. And if you use car play it takes you right to the location.F

Back