Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using a Cali after a Hysterectomy?

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Gang,

Having got the hang of using the van successfully after my knee replacement surgery I am now facing an urgent hysterectomy possibly in the next couple of weeks! This will involve an abdominal incision! As I travel on my own these days since my daughter started Uni I was wondering if anyone else had been down this route and how they had found the Cali afterwards/tips for ease of use? I know I can’t drive for about 8 weeks or lift anything heavier than a kettle but am desperate to get in the Cali when I can and restrictions allow so any info very welcome!

Hi there @Zebedee . Sorry to hear you are going through major surgery.
If your details are correct and you have an SE. Then the control panel should sort the roof.
The bed may take a bit more physical effort. Depending on where you plan to camp, you may find with hand sanitiser and masks, your campsite neighbours are happy to help. Else you could leave home with made up? Or carefully climb into the roof?
I had spine surgery exactly 2 years ago and within 6-8 weeks I was allowed to do everything I had done before. Although it took me a bit longer to get strength back. And friends still won’t let me do things, despite the surgeon saying it was ok 2 years ago.
I would say, have a think about whether or not you are happy to ask folk to help. Even in Covid times, most people will help with distancing, masks, sanitiser etc.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Gang,

Having got the hang of using the van successfully after my knee replacement surgery I am now facing an urgent hysterectomy possibly in the next couple of weeks! This will involve an abdominal incision! As I travel on my own these days since my daughter started Uni I was wondering if anyone else had been down this route and how they had found the Cali afterwards/tips for ease of use? I know I can’t drive for about 8 weeks or lift anything heavier than a kettle but am desperate to get in the Cali when I can and restrictions allow so any info very welcome!
Hi Zeb, welcome back. Not seen you post for a while. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Best wishes.

Back