Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bummed out.

splitmike

splitmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
After investigation surgery on Monday in my right shoulder. Today the physio gave the bad news that will only be backed up by the surgeon in a few weeks time.
I'm going to need a pretty big op that's going to put my out of action for 4-5 possibly 6 months no driving for at least 3 months and in a sling for 8-10 weeks.
The only thing I'm hoping is I can postpone the op until I'm ready to have it done. New Cali this month and moving into a new place as of the first of June. Right now would not be the best time to not be able to work.

Rant over!!!!.....:(:headbang

Wow that sucks...try to postpone to Oct or Nov if it isn't impacting your work or home life too much.

Yeah I'll put it off for as long as is possible. It's a big op and if I can manage without it I will.

And I need to enjoy the Cali

how awful, and what a quandary. I do hope it plans out to you ...xxx

If this is a Rotator Cuff problem, then going under the knife should not be the first choice.
Having a little experience of these sort of procedures, 42 years worth, I would suggest visiting a " good, well recommended " sports Physio a few times and do the exercises recommended religiously for a good few months, if not 6 months, before considering surgery.
Best of luck.

It's not the totator cuff. That was their first thoughts.
It's the labrum torn off the bone and split also the bicep anchor is torn and frayed along with the tendons in the front of my shoulder. It's as if I've dislocated it but I'm not aware of doing it. Bloody painful though.
Gutted.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you are able to choose the best time to maximise enjoyment from the Cali.

Back