Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using a Campingaz 907 in a GC 600

Pwee

Pwee

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello I am new to the GC so please excuse any obvious lack of know how. I wish use a Campingaz 907 from my sold Westfalia T6 in the GC. I have diesel heating and only need to run the gas hob. A YouTube video from Jerba campervans suggests using the existing Propane pigtail connected to a Gaslow Propane Refillable Gas Adapter Gauge in turn to a Campingaz Adapter then onto the Campingaz cylinder. Gaslow say the following: The Gaslow Camping Gaz Adaptor 01-1665 can also be used to connect to the Gaslow Local Cylinder connection hose. The adapter then converts the 21.8LH fitting on the 01-4500-SS hose to fit any Campingaz 907, Campingaz 904 and Campingaz 901 gas cylinder connections. Jerba say their regulator works across gas types. It might be that the GC one doesn't

Has anyone gone this route please? If so are they able say if the GC pigtail to Gaslow Propane Refillable Gas Adapter Gauge to Camping Gaz Adapter requires additional connectors?

Last edited:
Further to my initial question, Using a Campingaz 907 in a GC 600 and light of reading thread: GC butane or propane (2021). Without saying so outright it implies that the regulator works with both gas types and talks of selecting the right pigtail for your cylinder. In which case I would need only the Campingaz Adapter and away I go? can anyone confirm please?

I did the same as DMC - hose + tap, as I don't think any of the supplied hoses have the right screw connection on them.

Note it is a tap not a regulator, it feeds gas into the vans own regulator.

Both above are correct. The real challenge is finding a way to secure it in the van as the 907 is too short and narrow to fit the existing mount spots.

Thank you all. I was going to try with the provided pigtails which would have left me scratching my head! I will adjust the secure elements. have a great weekend.

All camping gases work at 37 mbar, butane, propane and mixture of both, just make sure your high pressure tails are of really good quality and preferably braided

Back