Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

V5 description of 2023 Ocean

Califan61

Califan61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a new Ocean.
There is loads of really useful information on here. I have looked around but couldn't find the answer to what the V5c states as body discription for a 2023 Ocean, I assume it says Motorcaravan as it should be type approved as such. Also the vehicle catagory (assume M1 or M1sp). If someone with a 2023 Ocean can confirm what is on there V5c that would be great.

Mine says

MOTOR CARAVAN

M1

That’s great thanks, I have also confirmed Road tax would be £235 assuming no rise in 2nd year. I see you have a 204, that’s what I’m wanting too.

No, it's £325 standard PLG rate for anything over 1549cc

Sorry, you are right. Must be my fat fingers!
...and you might want to read about the luxury Tax that you may have to pay if brand new and over £40k value ... I never knew about that at the time of buying ours...painful but still loving our Beach Camper!

Don’t worry about the luxury car tax unless you are buying a beach tour. It’s not been applicable for beach campers or oceans for a couple of years.

Don’t worry about the luxury car tax unless you are buying a beach tour. It’s not been applicable for beach campers or oceans for a couple of years.

This is the confirmation of reg info I got at time of purchase of my Beach Camper...hence my original comment.

regTax.jpg

This is the confirmation of reg info I got at time of purchase of my Beach Camper...hence my original comment.

View attachment 116853

Vw have got that wrong. It’s only the tour which is treated as a car & not a camper that is subject to additional tax. Yours showing as PLG is a giveaway.

View attachment 116853

VW should update their Documentation as the Luxury Car Tax no longer applies to the Beach / Ocean Camper only the Beach Tour.

Vw have got that wrong. It’s only the tour which is treated as a car & not a camper that is subject to additional tax. Yours showing as PLG is a giveaway.
Thanks for that info - that’s 5 years of expected tax I won’t have to pay!!

VW should update their Documentation as the Luxury Car Tax no longer applies to the Beach / Ocean Camper only the Beach Tour.
I’m not going to waste time telling them - I’m fed up enough chasing them about software issues with the “California on tour” app without getting solutions!

I’m not going to waste time telling them - I’m fed up enough chasing them about software issues with the “California on tour” app without getting solutions!
Thanks for the info, i was aware of luxury tax but as the ocean is a motor caravan I didn't think it was applicable now. I saw something on the .gov website about some dates when it was required.

Back