Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vangear Mini Kitchen

Yes it looks like a nicey designed unit and not too bulky. The price doesn't look too bad either.

However I'm not sure how popular this product or others like it will prove as I suspect that many owners don't want to cook in their Beaches. I can only speak for myself but the biggest advantage of the Beach is it's space and therefore it's versatility. Any form of kitchen pod or unit will obviously enhance the vehicle but at the same time will compromise it as well. We cook outside, buy in or eat out but rarely if ever do we want to cook in our van.

Despite my comments, I wish this company every success.

Yes it looks like a nicey designed unit and not too bulky. The price doesn't look too bad either.

However I'm not sure how popular this product or others like it will prove as I suspect that many owners don't want to cook in their Beaches. I can only speak for myself but the biggest advantage of the Beach is it's space and therefore it's versatility. Any form of kitchen pod or unit will obviously enhance the vehicle but at the same time will also compromise it as well. We cook outside, buy in or eat out but rarely if ever do we want to cook in our van.

Despite my comments, I wish this company every success.

We also cook outside on our gas Cobb, but would be very handy for hot drinks after a surf/walk. Only weighs 13kgs so easy to take out when you need full space and could be still be used under an awning when removed.
But would probably spec a wired tap (i/o rechargeable) as anything that needs recharging in our house normally has a flat battery when you need to use it!

I still want a Dock kitchen but this could be a great compromise for me for every day. As you say Borris space and versatility. Our Beach (when not in lockdown) gets 90% use for mountain biking and outdoor activities often in the winter. So I don't want to cook but do want a brew whilst getting changed out my muddy clothes in my nice warm van in some off grid location at the bottom of a hill. I can do it with a water tank and my camping stove but the convenient table, tank and place to put my camping stove could be super useful. Sometimes even a nice tin of soup.

Something like that would work really well for the 3 seat bench, I like the fold out table. But I think I'd want something even more pared back, no need for a sink.

Mr Lemondrop made this for our 2 seater bench beach and it is brilliant for a cup of tea and quick lunch (e.g. bacon sarnie) on a day trip or a long drive. We wouldn't want to "properly" cook in the van so this is perfect for us, just a cartridge stove and storage and a bit of work surface for tea/sandwich making. I think it cost about £150 in materials but I dread to think how many man hours it took.

Edit: We lift it out of the van and use it on site when we get there.

DSCN5123.JPG

DSCN5124.JPG

DSCN5126.JPG

DSCN5127.JPG

doHc6sBAQ4GT4StnVBVZVA.jpg

mdqUO%WqSEWUwMomixMGpA.jpg

Nice unit, I recently got the vangear combi 3 which works really well for me so far good quality unit and great customer service. 2 of my friends have also now bought one as well can’t wait to go camping

We collected a Vangear Mini-pod earlier this week. Very impressed, build quality is good & takes up minimal space.

I very much like Mr Lemondrop's 2 seater solution, very smart.

As the owner of a 3 seater I'm with Boris....

Of all the '3 facilities' a conventional camper van provides (Sink, Hob, Fridge), the sink is, IMO, the least needed, the most compromised by being tiny & practically useless (again, only IMO), and yet this is what may pods seem to major on.....
At the moment if I want an indoor 'cuppa' then I've got my portable stove & the table, so not sure what advantage a fixed down pod would give me, other than a reduction in flexibility.

All that said, the beauty of camper vans is their sheer versatility, and the fact that they can be many things to many people, and as such the market for products like should thrive, so the very best of luck to them I say :thumb