Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango driveway awning - Tolga vs Magra

K

kjm1975

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We are in the process of buying our first Cali, after twice hiring one we thought it was time to invest in one of our own. The dealer is including a driveway awning in the deal, and we have the choice of Vango Tolga Air or Magra air.

We haven’t used an awning before and realised they could be very useful during our latest camping trip, so we are keen to have one, or maybe just use a tent!?!? I’m not sure either of the models the dealer is offering would be our first choice if we were to buy one and I can see they are no longer current Vango models so wondering why…..does anyone have either and can share their experience to help us decide which one to chose?

I guess another option would be to take one of the dealer offered awnings, sell it, then buy something else, any recommendations?

There are 3 of us: 2 adults and a 4 year old, ideally something that doesn’t take up much packing space in the van, easy/quick to put up and pack away and not take up too much space on the pitch. We need it to withstand wet and windy weather as we often go to the Scottish islands (Outer Hebrides, Orkney etc)

Also, on a slightly different topic, any recommendations for a portable chemical toilet, again, not taking up much packing space in the van.

Thanks in advance.

Back