Variation on a Bonnet Bra

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Having had a Land Rover Defender that seemed to have a BIG sign on the bonnet for all the road gravel/stones - Hit Me, Hit Me - and with the sloping shape of the California bonnet I have been looking for some form of deflector/Protection to avoid the shotgun effect. The Bonnet Bras are OK. Not impressed by some of the designs etc: and comments on the T5 forum regarding paint work damage etc: I came across this Acrylic Deflector by Team Heko, sold by Transporter R Us. Easily fitted and matches the front window Wind Deflectors " The Van" already has.IMG_0817[1].jpg

IMG_0819[1].jpg

Personally I do not like the look of that, on the front end, but the front edge does pick up the odd stone chip
What is good about the t4 / t5 there as so any ways to individualise you Cali

Personally I do not like the look of that, on the front end, but the front edge does pick up the odd stone chip
No, I think I'd sooner risk the odd stone chip.

Anyway, Murphy's Law says that the stone would hit immediately above the protector ;)

Sorry some of you don't like it, but I just couldn't see my pride and joy wearing a Bra:D:D.
It has to stand out from the crowd and there are tool many T5's wearing them.

Is that a half cut bra Kev? :D

That looks fine on the silver, but not for me on Natural Grey. I wanted something that wasn't Matt. Anyway each to his own, although I admit the pictures don't do it justice.

I just couldn't see my pride and joy wearing a Bra:D:D.
It has to stand out from the crowd and there are tool many T5's wearing them.

I agree, Welshgas, I say burn the bras; Ariadne will proudly bear her bare bonnet :D

Had a bad stone incident on the M4 last month ended up with a windscreen repair. Another stone bounced off the windscreen last week. Fortunately nothing on the bonnet despite zooming around the Breton countryside.
Ps Cali perfect for impromptu lunch stops at stunning French beauty spots. Started cooking lunch.....only vehicle there....by the time we finished eating must have been surrounded by 30 other vehicles!

I've been after one of these but can't seem to find a heko one! Did you order direct from t4s r us?

There is only one of us that wears a bra in our house and it's not Albert! :shocked

img_0817-1-jpg.6929
There's a spooky reflection in your bonnet. :Nailbiting

Welshgas, Heko say they only make this for 03-09 T5's so can I ask is this what you fitted to you 2014 Cali, or am I missing something ? Thanks

Having had a Land Rover Defender that seemed to have a BIG sign on the bonnet for all the road gravel/stones - Hit Me, Hit Me - and with the sloping shape of the California bonnet I have been looking for some form of deflector/Protection to avoid the shotgun effect. The Bonnet Bras are OK. Not impressed by some of the designs etc: and comments on the T5 forum regarding paint work damage etc: I came across this Acrylic Deflector by Team Heko, sold by Transporter R Us. Easily fitted and matches the front window Wind Deflectors " The Van" already has.View attachment 6929

View attachment 6930
Hi WelshGas,
Does it stop chips?
Can you remove it easily for cleaning?

Last edited:
Our van has suffered some terrible chips to the bonnet over the last few years. Thankfully I do have a cracking body shop I work with who sprays it over when needed. I've never been overly keen on the bonnet bras or the front deflectors however I do think that vynl wrapping them looks good and saves the paint brilliantly plus gives you infinite options to personalise.

Hi WelshGas,
Does it stop chips?
Can you remove it easily for cleaning?
Yes, easily removed. Held on by a number of straps with hooks into the soundproofing. Under the two end straps and it peals down to clean the bonnet.
On Calikevs version the 2 vertical tabs are Wind Deflectors. I don't know how effective they are.

Yes, easily removed. Held on by a number of straps with hooks into the soundproofing. Under the two end straps and it peals down to clean the bonnet.
On Calikevs version the 2 vertical tabs are Wind Deflectors. I don't know how effective they are.
Very interesting. I will add it to my list of goodies to buy.
Many thanks Paul

Having had a Land Rover Defender that seemed to have a BIG sign on the bonnet for all the road gravel/stones - Hit Me, Hit Me - and with the sloping shape of the California bonnet I have been looking for some form of deflector/Protection to avoid the shotgun effect. The Bonnet Bras are OK. Not impressed by some of the designs etc: and comments on the T5 forum regarding paint work damage etc: I came across this Acrylic Deflector by Team Heko, sold by Transporter R Us. Easily fitted and matches the front window Wind Deflectors " The Van" already has.

Welshgas, Heko say they only make this for 03-09 T5's so can I ask is this what you fitted to you 2014 Cali, or am I missing something ? Thanks

Ahh. I got mixed up. Changed that Heko Acrylic Bonnet protector for a 1/2 Bra. That was what my previous posting was about.
The Heko fitted, ( bought from Transporters R US advertised as 2010 + ) but I have a large fir tree in my front garden and basically all the dropped fir tree needles collected in it. I was forever having to remove them, and when it rained they blocked the water draining away. Good idea, just not in my garden.

Interesting thread, thanks gents :)

I've just had the bonnet redone on my Cali, so am keen to keep it in good condition. I like the 1/2 cup bra option, but was also looking at these:

http://worldofqbcarbon.com/store/VW-Volkswagen/T5/VW-T5-Carbon-Fibre-Bonnet-Protector/prod_825.html
https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/transporter-bonnet-wind-deflector-p-5395.html
http://www.tradevanaccessories.co.u...net-guard-hood-protector-dark-tinted-2003-09/

Anyone got any experience of these products? Any feedback gratefully received.

Martyn

Back