Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Traffic jam on the A20

bcaa190ae37872617cdb9ad345514dd3.jpg

Things are gradually returning to normal!

Great that you have been out in your van again.
Taken early retirement after 33 years as a Manager in Social Care, last ten years have been so stressful so decided to get out. Determined to get out in the Cali a couple of times a week on day trips until we can return to longer trips. Life is an adventure go explore it :cheers

E303DD08-7184-414A-85DE-DCCE368957E3.jpeg

We were going to trot out to Canalside farm shop tomorrow in the van and do a canalside walk to Shugborough but it looks like it'll be too hot for the dog. Maybe next week. We've never been before so thanks for the pics.
Canalside farm shop's website has some nice walks with maps. They're also on the Tolkien Trail.

We were going to trot out to Canalside farm shop tomorrow in the van and do a canalside walk to Shugborough but it looks like it'll be too hot for the dog. Maybe next week. We've never been before so thanks for the pics.
We’ve been a couple of times, just shy of 80 miles one way for us so perfect for a Cali run. Are you aware of restricted access to N T properties at present? You need to book in advance as numbers are limited, tickets released every Friday for the following week.

It‘s a great place, ideal for dogs when not hot. Other particular favourites of ours we recommend are Dunham Massey, Attingham Park, Lyme. We have tickets for Lyme on Thursday but if forecast is correct as you say it will be too hot for the pups.

Canal side to Shugborough sounds good, enjoy when you do it.

We’ve been a couple of times, just shy of 80 miles one way for us so perfect for a Cali run. Are you aware of restricted access to N T properties at present? You need to book in advance as numbers are limited, tickets released every Friday for the following week.

It‘s a great place, ideal for dogs when not hot. Other particular favourites of ours we recommend are Dunham Massey, Attingham Park, Lyme. We have tickets for Lyme on Thursday but if forecast is correct as you say it will be too hot for the pups.

Canal side to Shugborough sounds good, enjoy when you do it.
We’re NT members and knew about booking. Thanks for the heads up though. I keep forgetting to look on a Friday so a lot of times we’d usually go are already taken. Doh!!! Calke Abbey is one of our local favourites.

Calke Abbey is local to us too. We looked at going but all the times we could manage were booked up.
Next one to try, that we really like, Belton house.

We’re NT members and knew about booking. Thanks for the heads up though. I keep forgetting to look on a Friday so a lot of times we’d usually go are already taken. Doh!!! Calke Abbey is one of our local favourites.
National Trust bookings; we have been booking local venues for a couple of weeks now. I think they might release the weekly bookings just after midnight on Thursday. I have been logging on at 6am Friday to get our bookings. By 7am you will be held in a virtual queue for 20-30 minutes and by 9am the weekend bookings, for the following weekend, are gone! You need to be quick!!

Which part of the estate were you able to park and set up with your awning out as shown in the photo please ?
Restrictions in place at the moment by NT due to pandemic so access is only via the Milford entrance. When you eventually reach the guy on the gate you’re right at the car parking. We went to the top car park & parked on the right next to the fence. Alternatively there is a large area straight ahead of the car parks with room to put an awning up.

National Trust bookings; we have been booking local venues for a couple of weeks now. I think they might release the weekly bookings just after midnight on Thursday. I have been logging on at 6am Friday to get our bookings. By 7am you will be held in a virtual queue for 20-30 minutes and by 9am the weekend bookings, for the following weekend, are gone! You need to be quick!!
We log on at midnight you still go into a virtual queue

Not been there will put it on the list

Not been there will put it on the list
If you’re a mum of kids as well as.beagles Belton house has fabulous outdoor and indoor play areas. We always go in the van when we take our Granddaughter. Since she was 3 she’s been calling it “belt ‘n’ braces”. Was hoping this year to be there Tazzing round the park with her little siss too, but we’ll have to wait for that. It’s near Grantham.