Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

They look like Ikea solar lights. Aren’t they fantastic! Pack virtually flat, last for ages on a charge, even a part charge. Very light in weight and can be used inside the van too or as a “lantern” if you can’t find your torch.

We love them. Also hanging in the trees around …

IMG_1875.jpeg

Kilbroney Forest Park, County Down.
d5d7a9ddeb591c581fcc7a05fc88cb86.jpg
616ba336a56e72284b38ff0ae8abb224.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Great to see Rostrevor, having grown up in County Down and having spent many a childhood summer at Kilbroney caravan park. Now based in Scotland and haven’t been to Rostrevor for a few years - last time I rode the MTB trails there - both official and ‘off piste’ ones. Did you ride the trails?

Great to see Rostrevor, having grown up in County Down and having spent many a childhood summer at Kilbroney caravan park. Now based in Scotland and haven’t been to Rostrevor for a few years - last time I rode the MTB trails there - both official and ‘off piste’ ones. Did you ride the trails?
Not on this occasion but have done a few times in the past. It's a brilliant track. I stick to the cross country trails though, I'll leave the downhills to the madmen/women!

Looks like you have all the essential equipment on board! Getting any waves? A bit of swell arriving later in the week should be fun if you are still around.

Yes, seem to have spent a large part of my life tying things onto the roof / back of cars + vans! but progressed a bit from 5 blokes in a rear engine beetle (boards on roof, bags, tents etc on laps!).

Arrived back in the UK Sunday pm and now locked-down until our 14day Q period ends (After spending months training our dog to not poop in the garden...he now looks at me like i'm stupid!); In France surf was shoulder high & clean most days early am / evening and some nice sandbars. We came back 2 weeks early so as not to disrupt Son starting secondary school.....

I see that you are based in Ireland. Many years ago (1993ish) we camped by Easkey Castle in my old Astra van, and besides surfing some great reef breaks remember having a fun night out in Limerick.

Yes, seem to have spent a large part of my life tying things onto the roof / back of cars + vans! but progressed a bit from 5 blokes in a rear engine beetle (boards on roof, bags, tents etc on laps!).

Arrived back in the UK Sunday pm and now locked-down until our 14day Q period ends (After spending months training our dog to not poop in the garden...he now looks at me like i'm stupid!); In France surf was shoulder high & clean most days early am / evening and some nice sandbars. We came back 2 weeks early so as not to disrupt Son starting secondary school.....

I see that you are based in Ireland. Many years ago (1993ish) we camped by Easkey Castle in my old Astra van, and besides surfing some great reef breaks remember having a fun night out in Limerick.
Sounds like you had a great time.
Yes, I have spent a few nights parked beside Easkey Castle myself, great spot!

50f002d5db59f19971119c632218a86a.jpg

I assumed the shadow In the water just above the kayakers was weed but as the kayakers moved towards it the shape completely changed and split into two. It was then I realised it was a school of baitfish. An amazing spectacle similar to watching a flock or as it’s known a murmuration of starlings.

5C7CD61C-6A87-46C6-B67C-D3354617218D.jpeg