Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Outer Hebrides was amazing, we done Barra to Lewis over two weeks. This was the first day on Vatersay.

View attachment 82473

View attachment 82474
Fabulous @Camperfamily and so lucky with the weather. We’re doing the same route I think. Oban to Barra ferry, up through the islands and then Stornaway to Ullapool ferry back. Popping over to Skye and the Lake District on our journey home. Can’t wait.
Out of interest, did you have any midge problems? I’d guess not.

@GrumpyGranddad yes, similar itinerary indeed. We done Oban to Barra, all the main Outer Hebrides islands, then back to mainland on the Stornoway to Ullapool crossing. We then stayed a night each in Ullapool, Kinlochewe, Kyle of Lochalsh (allowing a day trip to Skye) and Glencoe.

We experienced no midges on the islands (although my wife suffered a few painful horsefly bites whilst on the Uists). Kinlochewe was awful for midges, Kyle of Lochalsh and Glencoe not too bad. The Smidge forecast is pretty reliable.

@GrumpyGranddad yes, similar itinerary indeed. We done Oban to Barra, all the main Outer Hebrides islands, then back to mainland on the Stornoway to Ullapool crossing. We then stayed a night each in Ullapool, Kinlochewe, Kyle of Lochalsh (allowing a day trip to Skye) and Glencoe.

We experienced no midges on the islands (although my wife suffered a few painful horsefly bites whilst on the Uists). Kinlochewe was awful @for midges, Kyle of Lochalsh and Glencoe not too bad. The Smidge forecast is pretty reliable.
Thanks @Camperfamily glad it was almost midge free. Hopefully in September when we go we won’t have a plague but will keep an eye on the Smidge forecast.
If we do encounter the dastardly midges it’s likely to be at campsites in Loch Lomond (Cashel), Ullapool (Ardmair Point) and maybe Skye (Torvaig) and Fort William (GlennNevis).

If we do encounter the dastardly midges it’s likely to be at campsites in Loch Lomond (Cashel),

In all our years of travelling, that campsite is the one where we've had most problems with midges.
Its perfect for them, plenty of shade, sheltered from most of the wind, & a Loch full of water.

In all our years of travelling, that campsite is the one where we've had most problems with midges.
Its perfect for them, plenty of shade, sheltered from most of the wind, & a Loch full of water.
Oh no!! That’s a stopover night before going to Oban for the ferry. Maximum precautions at the ready.

He would be up in a shot if I moved, crashed out but ears always up.
He would go until he dropped dead, typical collie they don’t know when to stop (luckily I know what he can handle).
Plus he’s also nearly 10 1/2 now, so has to go easier.
That poor dog always looks shattered after one of your hikes.

He would be up in a shot if I moved, crashed out but ears always up.
He would go until he dropped dead, typical collie they don’t know when to stop (luckily I know what he can handle).
Plus he’s also nearly 10 1/2 now, so has to go easier.
He’s a lovely dog and companion.

Not my van (obviously) but thought this an interesting concept.
c3fbea9511261b05f932258d705a585e.jpg

1. Hire a classic VW bus, wedding dress and tuxedo for the day.
2. Park up outside a boozer for the afternoon.
3. Get a photographer to take a photo or two.
4. Retire to the pub to tank up your maiden on Pernod and black.
5. Relocate to the love bug to consummate the marriage, witnessed by passing dog walkers.

5. Relocate to the love bug to consummate the marriage, witnessed by passing dog walkers.
Nice boozer - great food there. If carrying out your plan in that particular spot need to be careful of the tide though.

Royal Oak pub between Havant and Hayling Island.