Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Just back from our first extended trip rather than the odd night here and there. Travelled to Shrewsbury; Chester; Glenridding; Dumfries& Galloway; Arran; Inveraray; St Andrews; a couple of days at the Edinburgh Festival; Lindisfarne; Whitby; Lincoln; and then back in time for the first match of the season at Watford FC.
We have never been so organised as to book everything in advance before but thought it sensible this year. We did a mixture of CL/CS and Brit Stops. The Cali was brilliant in accommodating the four of us. The awning room and the S2S mattress were money well spent. We got the packing just about right thanks to all the brilliant advice on here. I could bore you all with loads of photos but here are just a few. The last one shows our son cooking dinner for us after getting his GCSE results that day.

Edit - When we drove into the carpark at Lindisfarne, I witnessed a man falling in love with the Cali. His face beamed as his gaze followed us around the carpark. And as he left he kept looking over his shoulder and grinning from ear to ear. I have to say I wasn't prepared for the attention the Cali can attract!

Mains of Machemore Farm Dumfries & Galloway.jpg
Mains of Machermore Farm
Newton of Nydie Farm Strathkinness.jpg
Newton of Nydie Farm St Andrews
The Barn at Beale  Berwick-upon-Twees.jpg
The Barn at Beale Berwick-upon-Tweed
Castlebeck Farm Harwood Dale.jpg
Castlebeck Farm nr Scarborough

Last edited:
Nightmare, way too much stuff. Half would be too much for us.

Different packing regimes for different scenarios. Just two of us for a weekend hillwalking - minimal. Four of us plus dog, two week summer holiday, nearly all (or all) self catering, everything (except the kitchen sink) comes.

I counted shoes today and made it 40!

Come on you Horns !
great result :cheers
looks like you had a fantastic trip.

Cali love is additive
Yep. An amazing trip, thanks to the other half's planning. I loved how it was very much a Graham Taylor day on Saturday with our brief visit to Lincoln then to Watford v Villa!

Yep. An amazing trip, thanks to the other half's planning. I loved how it was very much a Graham Taylor day on Saturday with our brief visit to Lincoln then to Watford v Villa!
Others halves, we do have our uses occasionally! ;)

View of my van from horseback
647f6db914998922f375379c3a997f06.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah! thought you were going uphill ;) :bananadance2

here we go with the correct rotation. Nice location and pic.

View attachment 83213

PS: Jokes apart - Windows Paint has a Rotate the pic option

View attachment 83214
Thanks!
Pic had the correct orientation on iOS but the size reduction in the website screwed it.
Happens in various boards. I’d have tried to create a copy with the wrong orientation on the phone …

Nice photo, British or dressage? I found issues when riding abroad due to my poor dressage experience combined with language issues
I don't know, I know next to nothing about horses! It was on a walk with my daughters from Island View Stables in Sligo.

Valls d’Aneu and Vall de Tavascan, Catalán Pyrenees. The shepherd’s name is Uri, 27 years old, from a suburb of Barcelona, looking to “find some peace away from a world which has gone crazy.”

2DDCE4FA-F97A-4781-9CA7-E919DF5E8578.jpeg82E26445-A5BA-44BD-9AFB-5B7B4B2B57E3.jpegB3B57F01-83E5-4EA2-8CD8-EAC4A45B34A5.jpegATTACH]C01A9D38-CEE2-4119-AA04-F975F1AF6FD1.jpeg,

F23D5C71-8D49-446E-BF5B-D75FE7BE7828.jpeg
A04538C8-4131-4CFF-8C4F-7B6F97CBD31A.jpeg

Last edited:
Lough Ramor campsite, County Cavan. Very basic facilities (portaloos only) but a lovely spot with a safe swimming section in the lough.
Very peaceful watching the swallows while having breakfast.
51b14c5a17def4659b797a8dfae2357e.jpg
7194a4314fa73b167ce17247f15f9cad.jpg

Lough Ramor campsite, County Cavan. Very basic facilities (portaloos only) but a lovely spot with a safe swimming section in the lough.
Very peaceful watching the swallows while having breakfast.
51b14c5a17def4659b797a8dfae2357e.jpg
7194a4314fa73b167ce17247f15f9cad.jpg

Looks perfect, nice one