Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Denmark. You can drive a pretty long part of a beach.
IMG_6324.jpg

Norway.
IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg
Wow, awesome

I wasn't far from you the week before, wyn, staying at the CC site at Pandy for a week.
IMG_4670.jpg
And then onto the Modbury CC site for 9 nights. I returned yesterday and I'm already busy planning the next trip. :happyP7310773.JPG

Just back from North Ledaig campsite, near Oban. Nice family site & right on the beach.
My lot in the Cali, mum & dad in their motorhome.
Got this little tip from a caravanning guy that I got chatting to, after jumping on the wrong train to pick up my Cali, back in June :talktothehand. Oh well, not a total loss.

Been to Oban more times than I can remember, but always stayed in hotels, so was great to have the van this time :)
Mum & my missus went for their usual seafood pilgrimage of oysters, langoustines & mussles down by the ferry terminal (well, Oban is the seafood capital of Scotland after all!)
Dad & I hit the pub for a few beers, where I had my kind of seafood... 5 packs of Scampi Fries ;)... delicious!

On Friday 5th, parked next to an empty grey T6 Ocean KX16 ***. Anyone on here??

Cheers
Tom

View attachment 15626

View attachment 15627

View attachment 15628
North Ledaig was the last site we visited last season, in October. The blackberries found down the dog track were amazing! And if you walk in the opposite direction from Oban, there is a little cafe where you can sit outside (with the dog) on a nice day...we were lucky, it was smashing weather!
Tommy, I think we could do with some BBQing advice...I think you're the forum expert on BBQing!?!
Oh, and I met one of my neighbours in their T4....they use north Ledaig site regularly....for one night visits when they enjoy the delights of fish and chips at the harbour...I've done that myself...to be recommended!

image.jpeg Gleneagles for my birthday!
Not able to get away much this summer, so have packed my van with goodies in the fridge and all the necessities for the odd night away, but a night at Gleneagles is all I've managed....'Fred' was left in the car park!

NB dream car in background....Aston Martin

Oh, and when I drove up in my 'white van' to drop off a parcel, all doormen ignored me! I told them I was not impressed and informed them that my van probably cost more than most (but certainly not all) vehicles in their car park!

If it wasn't for the rain forecast this weekend, I was hoping for one night away...in a field...just as enjoyable as Gleneagles!!

View attachment 15897 Gleneagles for my birthday!
Not able to get away much this summer, so have packed my van with goodies in the fridge and all the necessities for the odd night away, but a night at Gleneagles is all I've managed....'Fred' was left in the car park!

NB dream car in background....Aston Martin

Oh, and when I drove up in my 'white van' to drop off a parcel, all doormen ignored me! I told them I was not impressed and informed them that my van probably cost more than most (but certainly not all) vehicles in their car park!

If it wasn't for the rain forecast this weekend, I was hoping for one night away...in a field...just as enjoyable as Gleneagles!!
Can't see the Aston, looks like a BMW & a Merc ... you could always buy a new Mondeo, looks like an Aston :D

Okay here are the points to be won. Pics MUST have been taken from/near your Cali (Cub's Honour). Double points if you also got part of your Cali in the shot.

Cwm, cirque, corrie 10pts
Cuesta 15pts
Ria 15pts
Erratic 20pts
Nunatak 20pts
Glacier 30pts
Roches moutonnées 30pts
Monadnock 30pts
Oxbow lake 30pts
Exclave 35pts
Tundra 30pts
Waterfall (>20 metres height) 25pts
Rift valley 40pts
Rain forest (no, Kielder doesn't count, it has to be tropical) 50pts
Atoll 75pts
Active volcano 30pts (or if pic taken within 200 metres of an erupting vent, 500 pts)

Only counts from now, NO re-posting of photos already on the forum. :bananadance
OK it's not active but it is a volcano.

image.jpeg

Who know's where?

image.jpeg

Kintyre peninsula. It looks fairly benign in the picture but this was after a wild night. We didn't put the roof up because we were only here for a few hours and taking the kayaks off is a faff but with 80mph winds I don't think we'd have risked it anyway.

image.jpeg

In response to the question on getting multiple dogs in the Cali. I have Ellie-Bo Crates. I have the 30" version. 2 sit side by side on the back shelf (with the bench seat pushed quite a way forward). With two dogs sharing each crate you can easily have 4 travelling. You could also have another between bench seat and driver seat and get another 2 in there.
I use the 2 crates on back shelf to give the (currently 2) dogs space for long journeys, including a recent trip to the Netherlands, and they were happier in the van than most I saw in the supposed 'pet hotel' on the ferry...

DSC_0007.JPG
I group of dutch California owners in Hirtshals Denmark, on their way to Island. Was very nice to see so many Calis together.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6503 met Tapatalk

We were not with this group, bit when we boarded for the Faroe Islands and Iceland last week there were 12 Calis from various countries on the Quai !!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk