Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Was looking to do Shetland. Are you mainly wild camping? Any tips?
We booked ahead for the start and end of the trip and turned up on spec other nights. We only had one wild night in the end. It was super relaxed with very friendly people. Lots of vans overnighting all over. Big tip is probably take warm clothes and Goretex. But despite the weather we still swam and the wildlife was amazing. Can’t wait to go back. We were there in early August.

We booked ahead for the start and end of the trip and turned up on spec other nights. We only had one wild night in the end. It was super relaxed with very friendly people. Lots of vans overnighting all over. Big tip is probably take warm clothes and Goretex. But despite the weather we still swam and the wildlife was amazing. Can’t wait to go back. We were there in early August.
Sounds great! We usually take a drive-away awning but it doesn't look like that would be possible with most sites as they look tarmacked. Just experimented this weekend with now awning and coped but not sure we could do it for a longer than a weekend.

Several of the sites were the car park for the village hall. However Braewick, Levenwick and Gardiesfauld all had grass by hard standing. https://www.shetland.org/visit/plan/caravan-camping is a good reference. On the other hand it was so windy a couple of nights we couldn’t even get the roof up let alone awning

Just spotted a beautiful new 22 plate call getting onto the Eurotunnel.
It has been hired by a lovely couple heading to Norway for a fortnight. Lucky them
D80C2654-6DF2-43BF-8831-198B7C0659CF.jpeg

Short 2 nighter close-ish to home at the CCC site in Cambridge. Not really needed for this trip but we brought and put up our new Vango Tolga DAA to test out. Quietly impressed after promising myself to never have one. The 3m Drive Away Kador 6/6 kit works perfectly too.

43A40B76-17AD-49B0-8FD6-B67663ABF552.jpeg

Early morning in Eigenthal, Switzerland

2bd95c289b546be4d3b806e0e249297d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View at the coast today. AA still not arrived.

View attachment 98676

View attachment 98677

Where was that taken from? I’d heard he/she* had broken down to the SE of the Isle of Wight which is not far from where I am now.

*It is customary to refer to a ship in the feminine gender, but it’s a bit difficult to do so when the ship is named after a man.

Where was that taken from? I’d heard he/she* had broken down to the SE of the Isle of Wight which is not far from where I am now.

*It is customary to refer to a ship in the feminine gender, but it’s a bit difficult to do so when the ship is named after a man.
Good views from Stokes Bay and Lee on Solent. pictures from ///claims.jumps.defend. If on Isle of Wight should get good view from Ryde or Fishbourne.

Last edited: