Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

4bfa4152e747321e0170ea6d13aee7ee.jpg

Today morning. Neustift Stubai
On the glacier 45cm fresh powder snow ❄️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lots of photos of my California in and around the Scottish islands. Probably won't post them all, now that I'm almost back to a decent signal.

We stayed at a Caravan Club camping for three days. When arriving the warden asked us where we where going to sleep and that they had no houses for rent etc. i just told her "in the car" and left. We had a good time there, nice and clean. When we checked out the warden said to me, you are not allowed to tent here. We haven't I said, But you have a tent on your spot. Well, we store our bicycles inside the popup tent, well, you cannot bring that here next time. Well, It won't be a next time and I will most likely quit my membership in this organization. I am quite sure a caravan with awning can house a lot more people sleeping than our setup.
i-HmQrMbM-X3.jpg

We stayed at a Caravan Club camping for three days. When arriving the warden asked us where we where going to sleep and that they had no houses for rent etc. i just told her "in the car" and left. We had a good time there, nice and clean. When we checked out the warden said to me, you are not allowed to tent here. We haven't I said, But you have a tent on your spot. Well, we store our bicycles inside the popup tent, well, you cannot bring that here next time. Well, It won't be a next time and I will most likely quit my membership in this organization. I am quite sure a caravan with awning can house a lot more people sleeping than our setup.
i-HmQrMbM-X3.jpg

Muppets....

i-HmQrMbM-X3.jpg
Nice fridge!

i-HmQrMbM-X3.jpg

Kave
What's the sliding rail system you have. I was thinking of doing something similar. That looks brilliant...!!!

i-HmQrMbM-X3.jpg
It makes no sense on paper, does it? I guess the thing to do is ask before you arrive if you are in the Club. We don't usually bother with an awning, but if we're somewhere for a longer stop, we were wondering whether it would be ok to take a small 2 man pop up tent to store some boxes of stuff in while we go out and about. We asked the wardens at Cambridge Cherry Hinton what the rules were, and they said it was down to the individual site managers, but they would be fine with it. You have to ask yourself why the club are ok with a driveaway motorhome awning, but not the pop up. I suppose there are visitors who might take advantage and turn up in cars with tents if they get too relaxed with the rules, and the C&MC is not specifically meant for tenters.

We've just returned from a weekend at a CMC site - we have a Khyam K9 (dog tent!) for our bits'n'bobs. No problem on site - just a couple of people on site who asked what sort of dog we have!

Just returned from a long weekend staying on a fruit farm nr Canterbury. Each pitch was between the rows of trees (around 10 in total) so only small campervans and tents onsite. Pitched up next to a T6 Beach last night so was interesting comparing Calis with our next door neighbours!

IMG_5074.JPG IMG_5084.JPG IMG_5092.JPG

We stayed with friends on a site in the Scottish Borders a few years ago and they had the same problem with the pop up tent. The warden insisted that the van was on one side of the road round the site and the tent on the other. Our friends had a tarp which they fastened to the van and threw over the pop up. Then counted as a drive away awning and pronounced OK. :headbang
According to the warden it had something to do with the planning permission for the site. Tents on one side of the road, campers and caravans on the other.

Ooo that looks lovely. Was it a Britstop site?

Not sure as we haven't got that guide. It was called Hatchers Farm. Found it on the Uk campsite website but they have their own website too. Very relaxed place to spend a night or two.

I made it myself, search for " bau ich mer selbst" and you will se where I got the inspiration from. Can be bought from camperx.ch and https://shop.vwcamper.de/

Looks great, you should do a write up.
It would be really helpful to myself and others. Thanks for the links

:cheers

Last edited: