Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Beautiful photo. Loving the matching Indium grey van/clouds! I'm looking forward to visiting Skye soon.

We had planned a week in Scotland and in particular Skye during Easter but had to cancel due to one of the family having tonsillitis.

However every cloud has a silver lining... holidaying in the California allows us to change our plans unlike a fixed holiday- so we waited a few days for the illness to go and went where the sun was- in this case Tenby for a few days instead. So we still got away... Kindly the campsite in Scotland we had booked allowed us to re book another week later in the year so we did not loose our deposit.

This is a huge advantage of camping holidays in finding. It's so much more flexible if family is ill or weather force a re think...

Beautiful photo. Loving the matching Indium grey van/clouds! I'm looking forward to visiting Skye soon.

We had planned a week in Scotland and in particular Skye during Easter but had to cancel due to one of the family having tonsillitis.

However every cloud has a silver lining... holidaying in the California allows us to change our plans unlike a fixed holiday- so we waited a few days for the illness to go and went where the sun was- in this case Tenby for a few days instead. So we still got away... Kindly the campsite in Scotland we had booked allowed us to re book another week later in the year so we did not loose our deposit.

This is a huge advantage of camping holidays in finding. It's so much more flexible if family is ill or weather force a re think...
Thank you, this picture was taken in the North-Eastern part of Skye, which we liked best. (The rest of Skye was nice, but, well, let's just say, I 'd expected more) We experienced an average of 5 different weather types in an hour, but that did make these perfect cloudy skies.
Unlike you we never ever book a campsite, we just try to find a nice one as we go. Glad the tonsillitis has cured, and wish you a very pleasant vacation!

Time for a change ......view from inside the house....;)

As i said Cali needed a good clean afther Germay (Hannover factory visit ) Poland , Tsjechie and Luxemburg treaded us with bad weather.
Also changed wintersteels in summersteels :cool:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vw-hannover-and-wolfsburg-tour-and-poland-visit.18214/
Inside also did a swipe of everything what can go out was out and only things essesial things go back in.

Now he can can go backwarts and wait for the next trip ....don't know when doh...

IMG_5234.JPG

Last edited:
Woodside Lodge camping field (again), Ledbury, Herefordshire. Birthday getaway for SWMBO.
826c4c923aee1bdb5ce375d9075993ee.jpg

Last night...
b08439ff535043bbf9d628741530682b.jpg

This morning...
dff9cc6c2a6e6c0a119149084360ccca.jpg

Charles

image.jpg
View from back of Cali , boot opened - River Dart beautiful spring evening
Galmpton touring park. So quiet here. Wonderful day , ferry over to Dittisham, lunch at Anchorstone cafe . Walk round Greenway grounds with the dogs. Saw the steam train
IMG_0300.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG
Walked/ferry/bus all weekend. Cali not moved ,it liked the view too much.:)

Last edited:
Been to Anglesey this weekend. Found a great campsite near Moelfre. Short walk to the beach and cafe made it superb and meant we didn't move the van all weekend. On the beach today until late making pyramid sand castles!!!

IMG_8694.JPG

Ty'n Rhos campsite.... early morning looking like a nice day.....

IMG_8644.JPG

IMG_8715.JPG

I couldn't be bothered to make the sphinx..... maybe next time!!