Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

9642.jpg

Short stop near Tallisker (May 7th)

Stopped/Camped in Ballintoy Harbour last night..... Some may recognise it from Game of Thrones.... We're in the process of re-watching GoT, from the beginning, in preparation for series 7, which starts in July. Co-incidently, we were watching S2,E2 last night, on our projector in the van..... Right on-location of where Theon Greyjoy, lands on his return to the Iron Islands.

Just to add..... We watched the sunset, before digging out the projector....

IMG_0945.JPG

Good TV reception, not so good WiFi from site, due to interference, but 4G MiFi worked perfectly.
Also Sites Lease is up for Renewal, maybe, a bit like the Central Bristol C&MH site and could be withdrawn.
IMG_0348.JPG

Crystal Palace C & MH Site.

Just returned from a long weekend staying on a fruit farm nr Canterbury. Each pitch was between the rows of trees (around 10 in total) so only small campervans and tents onsite. Pitched up next to a T6 Beach last night so was interesting comparing Calis with our next door neighbours!

View attachment 21192 View attachment 21193 View attachment 21194
Hello Seaside Sussex,
I liked your pics of the campsite near Canterbury. Please can you tell me where is it situated? We live near Canterbury and are always on the look out for new local campsites. I thought I knew where it was. However after visiting the site I had in my mind today I discovered that it had closed two years ago.
Many thanks.

Moonrise over Loch Kishorn

We have great memories of Kishorn, not only of the wettest Scottish 2015-summer in hundred years, that soaked the hills, but especially the delicious fish in the Seafood Bar, where you can create your own meal. We were told to be very lucky to have a table, because normally there's a queue of about twent people waiting for more than an hour for the 'handdived scallops'. We tasted cullen skink, marvelous, but maybe this is more something for a new thread "Where did you eat today?"

Seafood Bar Kishorn.png

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Good TV reception, not so good WiFi from site, due to interference, but 4G MiFi worked perfectly.
Also Sites Lease is up for Renewal, maybe, a bit like the Central Bristol C&MH site and could be withdrawn.
View attachment 22661

Crystal Palace C & MH Site.

That would be a HUGE loss - for me the best way to stay in London, £1.50 on the bus to/from Brixton

Hi Matt,

Where were you droning?
(Being a continental, not sure about spelling, is it droneing?

In our Dutch rules we write: googlen, for Googling in English, with an extra E, and without capital g.

I love language.

Marc.

This was nowhere exciting really just the countryside near my home. This is my friends very long driveway (he moves soon) so it was a convenient place to drive up and down and film the van without getting in trouble with the CAA.

It is @briwy 's fault i got a new drone ;) He showed me the mavic pro at the Brean meet.

I like the word googlen it sounds like a British person with a certain regional accent saying googling. :D

Hello Seaside Sussex,
I liked your pics of the campsite near Canterbury. Please can you tell me where is it situated? We live near Canterbury and are always on the look out for new local campsites. I thought I knew where it was. However after visiting the site I had in my mind today I discovered that it had closed two years ago.
Many thanks.

@Borris no worries. Its called Hatchers Farm. Here is the link to their website: http://hatchersfarm.co.uk Its a super little site, located in Preston, Nr Canterbury. There are also some reviews of the site on the UK Campsite website, if you want to check out others' perspectives.