Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Somewhere along the Spanish motorway.
01e758242a99195cc70d4bb5b8cfb252.jpg

Pencarnon?

Yes. Much bigger than we usually like but a cracking spot, right on the beach and coastal path. Dinas Island is more our thing, with the lovely ‘Old Sailors’ pub on the beach. Still, this will be a good test for the new leisure battery and fridge to be off grid for 3 days. I declined hook up at £5 a day, what do they think we’re running, a cannabis farm?!

Yes. Much bigger than we usually like but a cracking spot, right on the beach and coastal path. Dinas Island is more our thing, with the lovely ‘Old Sailors’ pub on the beach. Still, this will be a good test for the new leisure battery and fridge to be off grid for 3 days. I declined hook up at £5 a day, what do they think we’re running, a cannabis farm?!

Isle of Arran

1DCC0E1B-C28D-4BFA-AB21-76ECC7F19941.jpeg

I always thought the highest was Johnnie Fox's

Fox’s is highest in the republic, second highest on the island. Have driven the Glenshay Pass many times and never once have we stopped at that place. Good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox’s is highest in the republic, second highest on the island. Have driven the Glenshay Pass many times and never once have we stopped at that place. Good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have probably driven past it thousands of times, first time I have ever stopped! It's fine, had steak and chips which was pretty good. Cheesecake for dessert was lovely.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Camping at the weekend: Beardy Folk Festival, Hopton Wafers, Shropshire Hills. Everyone socially distancing nicely.

Starting the charcoal to cook brekkie.
AC4F8594-DF15-419E-AD47-C083C7BE7AA1.jpeg

Getting ready to leave this morning in the fog.
3A180795-71C1-4BEC-9060-AAFE77DE62A8.jpeg

Last edited:
We were doing a few Munros at the weekend and found this stunning spot at the start of the Grey Corries hike, you can find details of the route on Walkhighlands. The parking for walkers only is up quite a long track which has to be driven very slowly. Sunset from the van as you can see was just perfect.

20200918_165127_Pano.jpg

20200918_191539_HDR-1.jpg

We were doing a few Munros at the weekend and found this stunning spot at the start of the Grey Corries hike, you can find details of the route on Walkhighlands. The parking for walkers only is up quite a long track which has to be driven very slowly. Sunset from the van as you can see was just perfect.

View attachment 66688

View attachment 66689
Know exactly where that is, only daytime as its close by for us

In the pic above the driveaway awning is a Khyam tourer quick erect. 2.4m x 2.4m plus tunnel. Great awning and very quick to erect, even on my own. It’s very robust and strong.

The only downside to it is the fabric is permanently attached to the frame So if it goes home wet it needs to be erected to dry properly which would be a problem if you were short of space.

Here’s a pic of it all zipped up at a very cold, wet and windy festival attached to The wind out awning of our old van ( good quality black shower curtains hung between the wind out and the driveaway awnings that can just be tied back if the weather gets better)72636963-30E7-4668-8B12-94BB82F3A29A.jpeg

And another when we had to use it as a tent when our old van died and we were waiting for the Cali. We travelled very light to that festival as everything and the dog had to fit in our vw polo!

B5ABC7AA-A1A9-415B-B588-16EB49D4CFA4.jpeg

In the pic above the driveaway awning is a Khyam tourer quick erect. 2.4m x 2.4m plus tunnel. Great awning and very quick to erect, even on my own. It’s very robust and strong.

The only downside to it is the fabric is permanently attached to the frame So if it goes home wet it needs to be erected to dry properly which would be a problem if you were short of space.

Here’s a pic of it all zipped up at a very cold, wet and windy festival attached to The wind out awning of our old van ( good quality black shower curtains hung between the wind out and the driveaway awnings that can just be tied back if the weather gets better)View attachment 66695

And another when we had to use it as a tent when our old van died and we were waiting for the Cali. We travelled very light to that festival as everything and the dog had to fit in our vw polo!

View attachment 66697
Sorry Elly after reading some of your posts, I don't believe you ever travelled light. ;) :bananadance2

Sorry Elly after reading some of your posts, I don't believe you ever travelled light. ;) :bananadance2
You’ve sussed me, Karlos. My hubby once said if we converted a double decker bus I’d fill it in 5 minutes o_O ! I’m trying hard though.