Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

Judging by its size next to things around it, the cream colouring past the armpit (I think, hard to see), and the black bushy tail end I would say that's a stoat. Pine martens are nearly ferret size, was it that big?
You could be right the one on road was smaller and it wasn’t cat/ferret size. Moved so quick
The other was bigger have zoomed in hanging on fence. Just pulled up to view a property and saw it, happened so quick and trying to take a pic sort of blurs the moment. 20179FE9-BCDE-4E9F-98C0-E0E1D3D31322.png

A weasel is weasily identifiable, whereas a stoat is stoatally different.

First pics by road are definitely stoat

One on fence is a possible Marten but unable to define with the picture angle snd quality

Pine martens are cat sized and can frequent gardens for cake etc at bird tables where they are present. Had a very very noise family take up residence in the garage roof void and later one got stuck in my mother in laws central heating flue in Argyll - not your usual engineer call out for the boiler not working!! Seem to help keep any grey squirrels at bay too letting the reds thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the circular walk around Cheddar Gorge this morning (quite challenging). Had almost finished and spotted our Cali in the distance (Cheddar CandMHC site).

View attachment 79834

View attachment 79835
We were here Mon 31st may, lovely little site. Didn't have enough time for the gorge as we were just one night on way to Cornwall but will come again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

We were here Mon 31st may, lovely little site. Didn't have enough time for the gorge as we were just one night on way to Cornwall but will come again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes nice little site. Facilities all open with some Covid limitations but no queuing so far :)
Some drama when we arrived. The guy in front of us with a large caravan (looked brand new) did a sharp left turn just past reception and the tail end of his caravan swung round and hit the post with the sensor for the barrier. Trashed it and took the corner off his caravan! He panicked and in moving dug it in even more and took the rear light off!! We felt for him - very expensive mistake. If you see a caravan with a mile of gaffer tape on the rear offside being towed by a BMW - it’s him.

Weather forecast didn’t promise fog and mist at a South Wales Gower campsite.

Did the circular walk around Cheddar Gorge this morning (quite challenging). Had almost finished and spotted our Cali in the distance (Cheddar CandMHC site).

View attachment 79834

View attachment 79835
22 mile cycle ride from Cheddar to Yatton and back. Route follows the disused Strawberry Line railway. Good ride with only a couple of short stretches on a road and mostly flat. Good 1/2 day trip - recommended

We will be on the Gower from this weekend for a week. Looking forward to going back its some years since we were there.
Love the Gower. Torbay between Oxwich and Three Cliffs is a favourite.
A Joe’s Ice Cream is mandatory when visiting Swansea :)

Let’s see a better view than that, did you get chased up by them pesky midges? Was it very busy?
It was quite windy at the base so thankfully that kept the midges away ... but wind at the base meant a hoolie at the top - fog, rain, and the wind throwing the snow from the ground at your face when descending ... made it ... Should I say - a bit more challenging than normal

As the weather forecast was not great at the top, the crowds were quite thin. Despite that, you still get the few who go up in sneakers, t-shirts and shorts

A lovely climb nevertheless.

Was my wife's challenge for her 50th - do all three peaks in the year ... And for a person who is not into any endurance activities, this has been a great achievement. All three peaks done before her 51st birthday today

And as always, the Cali made a great base vehicle.

9044ce4d2a6fc43cc801a80e346e60c1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It was quite windy at the base so thankfully that kept the midges away ... but wind at the base meant a hoolie at the top - fog, rain, and the wind throwing the snow from the ground at your face when descending ... made it ... Should I say - a bit more challenging than normal

As the weather forecast was not great at the top, the crowds were quite thin. Despite that, you still get the few who go up in sneakers, t-shirts and shorts

Was my wife's challenge for her 50th - do all three peaks in the year ... And for a person who is not into any endurance activities, this has been a great achievement. All three peaks done before her 51st birthday today

Well done To your Mrs

Looks very quiet, well done. Separate and relaxed is the best way.
Been involved in a team guiding parties of up to 60 up there, sound like it will be busier this season !

So have you both got the mountain bug now?
Amazing for the soul being in the mountains.
Well done to both of you:thumb