Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vignette Scams.

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I had to rush to Paris in a car that didn't have a sticker, so ten minutes
before take off I was Googling to get it sorted.

In my haste, I hit on the wrong website, they wanted 30€,
with the threat of a fine which may never come, I agreed and off I drove
armed with a number which would show that I have conformed.

A day later, the company sent me an email saying payment hadn't been made
and that I should try another form of payment.

I won't now do what they ask as I have secured a Vignette for a grand total of 4,51€

When I googled it, I looked for Paris LEZ and this is the sh1t website that came
up, looking all official.

The correct one is this one -

Here's an interesting Vid to accompany my post.

I had to rush to Paris in a car that didn't have a sticker, so ten minutes
before take off I was Googling to get it sorted.

In my haste, I hit on the wrong website, they wanted 30€,
with the threat of a fine which may never come, I agreed and off I drove
armed with a number which would show that I have conformed.

A day later, the company sent me an email saying payment hadn't been made
and that I should try another form of payment.

I won't now do what they ask as I have secured a Vignette for a grand total of 4,51€

When I googled it, I looked for Paris LEZ and this is the sh1t website that came
up, looking all official.

The correct one is this one -

I nearly fell for the kiosk scam shown in the video after entering Hungry. I realised it was a scam when the kiosk insisted on payment in Euros when I was using a British credit card. Why was payment not in Forint?

I walked away deciding to buy the vignette online, but forgot until the next day when it was too late.

Six months later a fine from the Hungarian highways agency landed on my doorstep!

There are similar ’Fronting’ scam sites for driving license renewals etc. best check and not be in a rush.

Coincidentally, I watched a few of his videos yesterday.
It reminded me of my border crossings, there was always at least one kiosk on the make. First time into Bulgaria from Romania, via Danube ferry crossing, there was disinfectant bath, vignette and "compulsory" insurance. Luckily a friendly trucker told me that only the disinfectant was compulsory. As he was directly behind me, he argued my case at the vignette kiosk (not even sure now if it was necessary) and at the insurance kiosk just told the attendant that I had a green card and was driving through.
He also told me where there was a good T.I.R. truck stop for the night with parking, shower and breakfast for 10 euros. It proved to be a good safe place to stay and even better when we found that it sold cheap diesel.

Back