Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Visiting Relatives

So a single adult and any children can go an stay overnight with one other household anywhere in the UK (or the household come and stay overnight with the single adult), but that same single adult (or household) cannot stay in their second home overnight even if it is next door to the household (or single adult) where they choose to stay?

If so, it sounds like yet another poorly thought out policy from this Government.
No, surely not another poorly thought out policy from this hapless Government impacting people’s (camping) lives?

The politics baiting expert of the forum making a sideways step right up to the border of 3-Cocks and giving it a hefty rap on the entrance knocker?

I’m so confused now! I live in Scotland but need to visit my parents in Cornwall as the Eurotunnel tickets we have for July will require an extra 2 week holiday to cover quarantine!
Options that I can see.
1) camp on their farm and only see them outside.
2) leave my wife at home (may be a blessing) and take the kids to Cornwall to bubble up with my parents.
3) Pull the carer card, as my folks are pretty infirm and have been living out of an ancient chest freezer for the past few months. They need some fresh food!
Still a little unclear if I am able to leave Scotland though....

On todays version of the rules,
1. you are not allowed to be away from home overnight. (unless bubbling)
2.you are not allowed to bubble with them as neither you or them are a single parent.
3.if they've survived a couple of months another week or two isn't going to make much difference

As camp sites are due to open 4th July there will be a major revision of the rules before then. So don't worry about it until closer to the time.

Either that or just tell whoever stops you that you had popped out to buy some chickens, apparently that excuse overrides all legislation / rules/ common sense.

Last edited:
1. you are not allowed to be away from home overnight.
2.you are not allowed to bubble with them as neither you or them are a single parent.
3.if they've survived a couple of months another week or two isn't going to make much difference

As camp sites are due to open 4th July there will be a major revision of the rules before then. So don't worry about it until closer to the time.

Either that or just tell whoever stops you that you had popped out to buy some chickens, apparently that excuse overrides all legislation / rules/ common sense.
Echo Andy’s comments about imminent change.
However, I see very little(none?) adherence to the guidelines on visiting any more. I see families mixing in gardens/street, same with groups of friends in/out each other’s houses.

The people on this forum seem much more compliant/concerned than anyone else I talk to or see (apart from the strange looking woman I saw on the canal towpath wearing full Hazmat....but I’m hoping she had genuine physical health issues as she was taking her iron for a walk.

(......ok she didn’t have an iron but it was a funny image that popped into my head after seeing the Clown at Giffords circus a couple of years back....best day out I’ve had in years...you should all go when it reopens!)

1. you are not allowed to be away from home overnight.

Not quite the whole story on (1). You ARE allowed to be out overnight, provided you're staying with your 'linked household' (ie 'Bubble').

But in the specific case Wagonwheal proposes, it's certainly true that a 'Bubble' wouldn't work anyway.

As said though, things will change in coming weeks so it all depends on your time frame. My own bet is that the UK quarantine regime will be junked at the first three-week review point, and by early July the no over-nighting rule will quite likely have been dropped entirely.

by early July the no over-nighting rule will quite likely have been dropped entirely.
Have tweaked the bit about no overnighting.

Its more than quite likely, campsites have been told they can open from 4th july & are taking bookings. Not a lot of point if no-one can stay.

You should be able to go visit now as 2 households can be together inside or out.

Enjoy !

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not until the 4th July?

No no no the possessive in this case refers to the Pedant (singular) who is making the award. It doesn't refer to the Pedants (plural) who are, as a category of people, eligible to receive the award.

In this case the award maker was myself. It's an auto-award.

It is generally safer to go for "pedantry award" rather than risk pedants being pedantic about other pedant's comments

/I hope I have the right...