Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Voice recognition activation

thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
hi,

Anyone with the discover media kit who did not tick the box for voice recognition manage to get the voice recognistion system activated after factory fit?

This feature came as standard on my last 2014 beach but the new t6 apparently has it as an option. I have the premium Bluetooth and steering wheel with the voice button (also on the media system). When pressed a message prompts you to contact Vw for an activation key. Having asked several van centres and the customer service helpline I'm being told this factory fit only and cannot be retrofitted. Obviously all the kit and wiring is present and a software update is all that is required to do this. I even checked with a Vw car centre who told me that on all golfs etc with the discover system it's a simple VAG software update.

Why in the world is the commercial side any different? Surely it's the same car radio and the same kit in there. It's very annoying!

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

I managed to get mine going for about 5 minutes as I pressed the button whilst the unit was still booting up. It wasn't very exciting and not worth the money imo, plus if you hold the button you get Siri if the phone is connected.

i activated mine by mistake when driving - it scared the crp out of me until i found out what it was

Agree on this. If you have CarPlay/Android Auto don't waste your money. We have it and never use it. Only spec'd it because we used it heavily on another VW without CarPlay but didn't properly think it through before ordering

I managed to get mine going for about 5 minutes as I pressed the button whilst the unit was still booting up. It wasn't very exciting and not worth the money imo, plus if you hold the button you get Siri if the phone is connected.
Using the voice button to activate Siri only seems to work when in CarPlay mode. Not when the phone is Bluetooth connected.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
My VW dealer told me to not order voice recognition since it is not worth the money (very honest dealer!). However, it works fine with Siri when you have the phone connected to CarPlay (not with Bluetooth).

Back