Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Voltage plausibility fault

M

MrsW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, just went to put my 2016 Ocean on charge and the roof display is saying ‘voltage plausibility fault’. I’ve checked some old threads on here and found the downloadable document but really not confident in attempting to remove the fridge etc… as not sure how accurate the instructions may be for my van year and also never attempted anything like this before.

I called Listers Coventry and I can’t get in until end March for ‘diagnostics’ although I can get into Droitwich in 2 weeks time. They did say though that they can not recommend driving the distance (which confused me as I can’t see the connection between driving and what I believe to be a leisure battery issue).

Welcome thoughts on Listers Droitwich and if I’m right in assuming driving should be ok (c40 miles).

Many thanks

Hi, just went to put my 2016 Ocean on charge and the roof display is saying ‘voltage plausibility fault’. I’ve checked some old threads on here and found the downloadable document but really not confident in attempting to remove the fridge etc… as not sure how accurate the instructions may be for my van year and also never attempted anything like this before.

I called Listers Coventry and I can’t get in until end March for ‘diagnostics’ although I can get into Droitwich in 2 weeks time. They did say though that they can not recommend driving the distance (which confused me as I can’t see the connection between driving and what I believe to be a leisure battery issue).

Welcome thoughts on Listers Droitwich and if I’m right in assuming driving should be ok (c40 miles).

Many thanks
Do you have VW Assistance? If so phone them, but insist on a VW Technician rather than a AA technician.
They have priority access to VW Dealerships for drivability problems.

The old threads you mention might relate to the Earth Shunt problem which can affect pre 2010 Californias.

Back