Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help Please - Control Panel Voltage Plausibility Fault

S

Stuart8ken

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hey everyone, looking for some help / guidance / inspiration to get our trusty 2007 T5 fully operable again.

Control panel recently repaired by Electronic Equipment Repair in Folkestone as it got to the stage where we couldn't make out the text. All working well for a few weeks, then started to see the dreaded 'Voltage Plausibility Fault' message. Have had the old boy along to our excellent local auto electrician, who despite trying everything on the various other threads, was left scratching his head - and the control panel still in a state of turmoil.

Questions:
- Anybody with any bright ideas what to look at next?
- Anybody know of somebody up here in Scotlandshire who has magic skills in this specific department?
- Anybody with a spare control panel in good working order willing to let me swap it in for a few minutes to check it isn't the control panel that is faulty?

All help welcome and appreciated.

Stuart.

Hey everyone, looking for some help / guidance / inspiration to get our trusty 2007 T5 fully operable again.

Control panel recently repaired by Electronic Equipment Repair in Folkestone as it got to the stage where we couldn't make out the text. All working well for a few weeks, then started to see the dreaded 'Voltage Plausibility Fault' message. Have had the old boy along to our excellent local auto electrician, who despite trying everything on the various other threads, was left scratching his head - and the control panel still in a state of turmoil.

Questions:
- Anybody with any bright ideas what to look at next?
- Anybody know of somebody up here in Scotlandshire who has magic skills in this specific department?
- Anybody with a spare control panel in good working order willing to let me swap it in for a few minutes to check it isn't the control panel that is faulty?

All help welcome and appreciated.

Stuart.
Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Control Panel Off and wait 30 secs
Control Panel On
Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.
New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.
If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.
Return to Main Menu.
Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.
Try Roof/Heater or Fridge

1. Are the Leisure Batteries original?
2.When fully charged do they hold 12.7v for more than 48hrs?
3. Has the Earth Shunt repair been done?
4. Has the drivers side carpet ever been wet? If yes then check the multitude of wires under it that are prone to corrosion if wet.

Thanks Welsh Gas.

I will try the control panel stuff you suggest.

Earth shunt has been checked.

Don't recall the carpet at the driver's side ever being soaked but we did have a serious roof leak one weekend we were away during the summer and think the water may have percolated all over the van.

Leisure batteries are original and auto electrician thought they were OK.

Will let you know how I get on and thanks for your help.

Back