Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Voltage plausibility fault

A

agathe_ldx

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi everyone!

I bought a California T5 to a car dealership a year ago. They have installed new leisure batteries and checked that every functionalitys works properly.
But some months ago, I opened the roof without having the car engine on, and since that moment I have the following problem:
- the message "Voltage plausibility fault" is showing on the screen
- the Webasto heater does not works if the car engine is not on
- the power plug does not work anynore
- BUT the fridge and the lights work well

I have fully charged the leisure batteries using the charging cable, but it did not help. I have tried to read other articles from this forum but I feel quite lost.
Does someone have any idea of where the problem comes from?

Thanks in advance,
Agathe

Hi everyone!

I bought a California T5 to a car dealership a year ago. They have installed new leisure batteries and checked that every functionalitys works properly.
But some months ago, I opened the roof without having the car engine on, and since that moment I have the following problem:
- the message "Voltage plausibility fault" is showing on the screen
- the Webasto heater does not works if the car engine is not on
- the power plug does not work anynore
- BUT the fridge and the lights work well

I have fully charged the leisure batteries using the charging cable, but it did not help. I have tried to read other articles from this forum but I feel quite lost.
Does someone have any idea of where the problem comes from?

Thanks in advance,
Agathe
You could try resetting the control panel and clearing any errors, lots of instructions how to do this on this forum.
Also check the 80A fuse under the passenger seat and the 100A fuse under the starter battery.

Back