Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vraagje voor de Belgen

De Witte

De Witte

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hallo allemaal
Weet er iemand of het fietsenrek van de achterklep moet voor een periodieke keuring?
Alvast bedankt voor jullie reactie!

Hallo Witte, nee die mag je gewoon laten hangen, wordt niet naar gekeken.

Hi De Witte. Sorry I don’t speak or write Dutch. Does the tailgate bike rack need to be checked periodically? (Used Google translate).
I think it depends what you are checking for but probably anything that’s attached to the van externally would need checking regularly. How often And when? I don’t know, but I would say:
  • Every time, before travelling:
    • Is the bike rack in good order and has it been installed properly, not likely to cause damage to the van or dislodge and cause an accident
    • Are the bikes attached safely and securely?
  • On the journey how many times you check would depend on the terrain (is it particularly bumpy), weather, high crime area:
    • Is the bike rack still secure and in good order?
    • Are the bikes still secure? Are they still there?
Hope you get some more specific answers from people who use them and know more than me.

Hi Witte,

Zoals Bart reeds zei maakt het fietsenrek geen onderdeel uit van de keuring.
Als ik me goed herinner heeft het er bij mij niet elke keer opgehangen.

Succes!

Hallo Witte, nee die mag je gewoon laten hangen, wordt niet naar gekeken.
Hi De Witte. Sorry I don’t speak or write Dutch. Does the tailgate bike rack need to be checked periodically? (Used Google translate).
I think it depends what you are checking for but probably anything that’s attached to the van externally would need checking regularly. How often And when? I don’t know, but I would say:
    • Is the bike rack in good order and has it been installed properly, not likely to cause damage to the van or dislodge and cause an accident
  • On the journey how many times you check would depend on the terrain (is it particularly bumpy), weather, high crime area:
Hope you get some more specific answers from people who use them and know more than me.
Hello Elly

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what were talking about;).
In Belgium each year we have to go to the"vehicle inspection"(obligated),so i was wondering if i had to take the bike rack off.(sorry for the bad spelling:Nailbiting)

Hello Elly

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what were talking about;).
In Belgium each year we have to go to the"vehicle inspection"(obligated),so i was wondering if i had to take the bike rack off.(sorry for the bad spelling:Nailbiting)
Hi De Witte. Please don't apologise for your spelling, it's fine. After others replied and I translated their messages I realised it was referring to an official check. Just a case of "lost in translation". Thanks for taking the time to reply :thumb