Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW 17 alloys weight

G

grogan

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,
I am considering replacing my standard 17’ steel wheels with the 17’ devenport or 17 cascavel. I do not want bigger wheels.
One of the reason to do the change is that apart of the van looking nicer, i wanted to reduce its suspended weight. However, I am completely unable to find the weights anywhere.
Does anyone in the forum have real data on this?
Cheers!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hi,
I am considering replacing my standard 17’ steel wheels with the 17’ devenport or 17 cascavel. I do not want bigger wheels.
One of the reason to do the change is that apart of the van looking nicer, i wanted to reduce its suspended weight. However, I am completely unable to find the weights anywhere.
Does anyone in the forum have real data on this?
Cheers!

How is changing the wheels going to affect the Vehicle Suspended Weight. It might affect the Vehicle Total Weight but seeing as the vehicle body, chassis, engine etc is fixed to the axle + wheels via the suspension system that suspended weight will be unchanged.

How is changing the wheels going to affect the Vehicle Suspended Weight. It might affect the Vehicle Total Weight but seeing as the vehicle body, chassis, engine etc is fixed to the axle + wheels via the suspension system that suspended weight will be unchanged.

It does change if the wheel is lighter.
Cheers

But you are right, I meant unsuspended weight.
Cheers

But you are right, I meant unsuspended weight.
Cheers

Aah. Different thing.:thumb

Hi,
I’ve been in some german forums trying to get some info on this topic. Although my german skills are 0 using translator I could follow the topic more or less.
Total wheel weight is around 25 kilos. The tire is around 13 kilo depending on brand, dimension and season of the tire.
The rim is around 11kilos. Although I could not find specific data for the ones I am searching for, some people commented that steels are lighter for this type of van. The reason is that as the weight they support is high, with steels they can make them using less material than with alloys. If that is true I understand why is impossible
to find the data on weight specifications.
Cheers