Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW bed or a Brandrup bed, that is the question

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all
I am struggling with my California Ocean shopping list as to what is the best bed solution bed to specify. The choices are the VW part number 3UI Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat, costing 234 pounds or the Brandrup part number 100 709 015 iXTEND PAD and iEXTEND folding bed costing 469 Euros. Are these the same thing and if not which is best. There is an old maxim that in life “you got what you pay for”. On that basis the Brandrup option should be better. I have tried to pose this question earlier under the heading “comfy bed” but am still unclear as to what to order. Thanks for any responses to this puzzle.

Regards

Brandrup with IXtend is the better choice.
It's worth every £. We have the Brandrup for over 3 Years and now in our new T6 Ocean

Thanks cundf for the endorsement of the Brandrup bed choice. Reading the internet Brandrup details again it seems that for the T6 Ocean you do not need the PAD just the iXTEND folding bed (part number 100 709 013) saving 100 Euros which can be put towards the Brandrup fitted sheet! Happy dreams.

We have a Comfortz upstairs mattress which is excellent as we normally sleep up there. However as it is in two longitudinal halves it can easily (unlike the standard mattress) be pulled down and used downstairs if required.

Back