Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need a comfy Bed

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All

I am contemplating buying a California again (as they say once a camper always a camper). I previously had a from new (bought in 2009 from Hanover and collected from the factory -but that´s another story). My question, if I can so put it, is to the bed arrangement and the VW option list MY17 and the item 3U1 “bed extension with comfort sleeping mat”. Is this the same thing as the Brandrup iXTEND bed and mattress? What experience or knowledge is there out there on this subject?

Thanks for any response.

Born again camper .

Hi and welcome @John Herbert , ....are you a retired F1 pilot in cognito ?:D

The bed extention is the metal rear shelf and the comfort matras is the thicker foldable matras that sits folded on the shelf and is folded open on the back seat ones it is rebuilt to a bed....
Hope it makes sense....

Thanks for the explanation HC. Does that mean that you just get the wire mesh shelf if you don't spec the bed extension/comfort mattress? I'm having a sudden panic as we didn't order this yesterday :(
Best, Wind Witch

Thanks for the explanation HC. Does that mean that you just get the wire mesh shelf if you don't spec the bed extension/comfort mattress? I'm having a sudden panic as we didn't order this yesterday :(
Best, Wind Witch

Think standard you get a thinner matras witch just covers the rear shelf ( witch is also standard)
UK can be diffrent from Eurpean countries....

Back