Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW comfort mattress dilemma

J

jonddd

Vehicle
T5 Beach
We are considering getting a VW comfort mattress for our 3 seat Beach.
Contacted Breeze parts dept. who were very helpful and patient.
However... simply ordering a mattress is far from simple. They made it clear that If you order the wrong part you are stuck with it, as it is a special order (we are talking over £600). The code numbers are confusing and the diagrams unclear. So deciding which is the right part is not obvious
For our 2015 T5.1 there is no clear choice of mattress and what looks possible is out of stock.
Quoting serial numbers of mattresses shown on other posts comes up with 'out of stock minimum 3 months delay' or 'that exact number can't be found'.
Eventually we found a number that looked as though it might be a comfort mattress and had some in stock. It was for a T6 in Titan black.
7E8 067135 CLQV
I assume that the mattresses for T5 and T6 California Beaches are exactly the same so really the different serial numbers are all about colour (which is always a shade of grey anyway).
I'm still reluctant to part with £600 with the chance that I might end up with a cupboard door for an Ocean.
Any advice?

i cant find that number you quoted but its £600 just for the pad on the multiflex board Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 11.23.38.png

Thanks Calikev, that's a good example of what I'm afraid of. Breeze did say they contract out these sort of things in batches and that is why the numbers change.
Perhaps I shall ask if anyone has one second hand or go for the Vanessa. It looks as if buying from VW is too complicated.

I find the dealers response a bit odd. I would expect to be able to walk into a main dealers spares department with my reg number and they should be able to identify and order the part I’m after. If they order the wrong bit that’s their problem, not mine. Arguably different if you‘re using a motor factor or similar rather than a main VW dealer.

The comfort mattress will not relate to a specific vehicle reg as it is an accessory although i agree if they order the wrong part its their fault.

Good point; but they can still identify the exact vehicle from the reg and should therefore be able to identify the correct accessory for the vehicle. DisappointIng response from a respected dealer.

Hi Jonddd

Here is a photo of the packaging that my VW comfort matress I posted in the other thread
Not sure if you saw it as the thread link opens up on page three, this was posted by me in the first page post #6

2C330E07-9FFB-4A36-93E4-62D055039E20.png

Here’s the manufacturers web site, you could contact them to see if the can clarify ?

You say in the post above that VW dealer has told you one of the part numbers is on a long lead time.
Which part number is the long lead item ?

Is the part number I have posted above this ?

Hello Perfectos,
During the course of a conversation with periodic long waits while the computer looked for things, I gave two numbers suggested on this site:
7E8 067 365 C L18
7E8 067 365 MW6
One was out of stock with a 3 month wait and the other was not available.
The only one that he found that seemed to come up with a result of availability was 7E8 067 135 CLQV , again Titan black but is that the same item as the two above?
At the end there was no absolute certainty that they had found an available comfort mattress that would fit our Beach.

Kernow transporters has a grey comfort mattress listed on eBay

May be worth a phone call to them, they sell used parts

B55A6823-7924-4E1E-8067-8FF2F6725102.png

That's the first time I've actually seen a proper photo of one!
What a shame about the price... a new one (If you can find one of course) is quoted as £602. This one secondhand is £575.00 plus £18 postage. For £100 less I might be interested.

That's the first time I've actually seen a proper photo of one!
What a shame about the price... a new one (If you can find one of course) is quoted as £602. This one secondhand is £575.00 plus £18 postage. For £100 less I might be interested.
Phone them and make an offer including delivery, they are a business selling second had gear, eBay fees etc.
Do a deal outside eBay by calling them, go into the listing then look at sellers other items, the telephone number is in some of the other listing photos.

Tell the. You can buy new for x price and make a sensible offer, they can only say no

Nothing ventured nothing gained

I really don’t understand the fuss over the comfort mattress. They have one in stock at VW Liverpool and I tried it out. I’m glad I did. They are ultimately cheap foam mattresses. They are not contoured to fill the gaps as people would have you think. For that sort of money you could commission someone to make you a cover and have it filled with premium memory foam. And have change for bedding. Biggest con in the VW world.

Thanks for all your observations and advice.
I think the easiest is to order the 10cm mattress direct from Vanessa. They appear to have some in stock at a reasonable price (in Euros).

Back