Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW COMFORT MATTRESS TOPPER 3 SEAT BENCH

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
HI

Newbie Beach owner here. Loving my Cali but can't get my head around the VW topper for the lower bed! I have laid it out but the bed is still really uneven. I thought the VW one would provide a level sleep surface but the one end by the tail gate is much thicker and as such higher than the rest so it tapers somewhat from head to toe if you sleep witb head at the tailgate end. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a fudge? If the latter then it renders the downstairs bed pretty unusable for me.

Cheers in advance

Jon

HI

Newbie Beach owner here. Loving my Cali but can't get my head around the VW topper for the lower bed! I have laid it out but the bed is still really uneven. I thought the VW one would provide a level sleep surface but the one end by the tail gate is much thicker and as such higher than the rest so it tapers somewhat from head to toe if you sleep witb head at the tailgate end. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a fudge? If the latter then it renders the downstairs bed pretty unusable for me.

Cheers in advance

Jon

It sounds like you may have the topper for the two seat bench Beach.

Look at a Beach in a showroom and compare.

how can i tell the difference? forgive my ignorance. mine is basically 3 sections one fat end and two identical thinner pieces.

Have you also got a pad on the parcel shelf ?

You don't need it if you have the comfort mattress that is why its thicker also make sure that the thicker section of the comfort mattress is sitting flat on the multiflex board. the 3 seater beach bench is not as flat as the 2 seater and will have a little dip in the middle were it folds. hth

Don't think i have a comfort mattress just two small bits of foam filled pieces that cover the multiflex board. Looking at other after market versions they are all the same thickness pieces in each section whereas mine is circa 3" on the tailgate piece and aroun 1.5" on the other 2 pieces. I suspect from researching that i have been sent a topper for the 2 seat bench version as per Amarillo's post because the multi flex board is lower in the 2 seat than the 3 seat so the extra thick piece on my tailgate end i suspect is to compensate for the lower board? I'm going to speak to VW on monday. cheers

you do have the comfort mattress if it one section thicker i have the same in my 3 seater beach
if you remove the pad on the multiflex board that makes up for the extra thickness of the comfort mattress

so why is it so much thicker on one section? i don't understand tbh and it makes more sense the one i/ you have would be for a 2 seater with lower board. all other 3 seater after market ones incl brandrup have equal thicknes sections.

yes because all the aftermarket mattress toppers are designed to be used with the pad on the multiflex board
first picture standard mattress topper on the extra pad second picture comfort mattress

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 19.20.37.png

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 19.39.45.png

calikev you are a gent, thank you. i must say in the second picture it looks like this has 4 sections rather than the 3 in mine and it also looks flatter than in mine... i will try and upload a pic for clarity tomorrow.

Hi gents,
As I'm considering buying the comfort mattress, could you please share the part number / reference as I cannot find it? Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk