Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW cool box help

D

dladhimselfincork

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Due to collect a new beach from dealer in Ireland on the weekend. Ordered the cool box from VW but have since read reviews on the forum about how hopeless it is. How would people feel my chances are for asking them to remove it from the order even though already paid for and delivered??

The VW boxes are not very efficient so will draw more power, but they look nice! VW should be able to take the fridge back as it’s an accessory, so they just send it back or hold as stock locally.

Dometic CFX 3 35 is an excellent alternative and will fit under the multiflex board in 5 seater Beach. You can also adjust the temp when running off 12v power (some other boxes only allow you to adjust temp when running off 240v)

The VW boxes are not very efficient so will draw more power, but they look nice! VW should be able to take the fridge back as it’s an accessory, so they just send it back or hold as stock locally.

Dometic CFX 3 35 is an excellent alternative and will fit under the multiflex board in 5 seater Beach. You can also adjust the temp when running off 12v power (some other boxes only allow you to adjust temp when running off 240v)
Yes unfortunately only realising the VW one isn't a compressor fridge at this late stage and had been eyeing up the Domestic instead. Have emailed the dealer to see if can remove from the order before collection tomorrow...fingers crossed

No joy with the dealer they said they can’t take it back or remove from order. Does anyone know if the box will work when on hookup?

No joy with the dealer they said they can’t take it back or remove from order. Does anyone know if the box will work when on hookup?
I presume the vehicle has Mains Hookup, in which case Yes.
The Coolbox runs off the 12v Leisure Battery and when plugged into Mains Hookup the built in Battery Charger will charge the 12v Leisure Battery, so continuous operation. Only when you unplug the Mains and are not driving does the cool box depend only on the Leisure battery which has limited capacity.
Good tip, is to plug into Mains whilst at home 24hrs before departure with coolbox on to cool it down. If you can't do this use some freezer blocks for the initial cool down.

Think I managed to sell my old one for a decent price and then used the money to get a compressor coolbox. Dometic cfx range is nice but quite pricey, I got the mobicool mcf32 and it's been great

We have a Beach and debated a compressor fridge but in the end went down the passive option and bought a YETI Roadie 24 cool box. Brilliant bit of kit and haven’t regretted going the active cooling route.

I had to take the cooler box in the end as it was too late to remove from the order. However we tried to use it at the weekend and its not working at all. Waiting to hear from the dealer what the next step is!

Back