Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw cool box

Surfbum100

Surfbum100

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi folks,
I am considering buying a cool box from VW.
I use my van mainly as a day van and occasionally overnight.
I like the fact that it will fit under my multiplex board (3 seater) on the rails.
Do you have one and if so would recommend them?
:thanks

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I will have to read through the previous thread, and wow the Yeti is bear proof too according to the adverts!
I will certainly consider both as an alternative to the vw option.
:cool

Thanks again have opted for an icey-tek to keep the beers cold. :thumb

need to get the beers cold before they go in the box .get there gel packs i have 2 packs .after a day i put one gel pack in the cali fridge..till its cold . keep swapping them that way .i do put lot of ice in to .seat cover ace to . :clap

I had the vw coolbox and discovered it would not fit in the back and did not work well.( 2 seater beach) so I sold it on e.bay and bought a Waeco Tropicool, it does not fit in the back .Found it worked perfectly well . Used it in Italy last year with temperature up to 80 deg.It fits behind the front passenger seat. After 18 hours on the ferry it had not drained the leisure battery so low that it shut down.it comes with 2 handles which makes securing easy.Also handy as small tapletop when needed. It's 1/2 the price of a compressor fridge of the same capacity.

Patnolan,
Having looked at the previous threads on here that would certainly appear more efficient than the VW one, and your right not a bad price either!

hi,
We purchased the Isotherm TB 18 2 weeks ago and we are so happy with it.
It cools really quick, pretty quiet, used very little power and fits exactly between the driver and passager seats.
Its like it was made for the t5.
Oh and it also fits under the seat when its made into a bed on our beach.
If you want i can post some pics.

//Mart

The VW coolbox divider just stops things moving around. It will go in two vertical and one horizontal position to allow you to accomodate plenty of stuff.

Back