Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Cool Box - stopped working

P

PhilSut1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everyone. We've had a VW Cool Box for our van since we bought it. Now with hindsight, we'd have bought a compressor fridge instead. However, the Cool Box has served us fairly well until this summer's trip when it still switched on but didn't get cold. I think the motor has gone. Does anyone have any idea if we can get this fixed (and where)? I suspect even if possible it is one of those jobs that would cost more than getting a new fridge but just wondering in case anyone else has had the same issue? Thanks

Does the fan turn under power? There is very little else, if you can get it apart then replacing the fan should be quite easy, the rest is a piezo transducer that uses voltage to effectively suck the heat out of one side of itself by heating the other side. both sides are attached to heatsinks, the warm side has a fan to aid cooling. Can it heat the internal compartment? And if so does it? If it doesn't then the transducer is unserviceable and you need a new fridge/coolbox.

Does the fan turn under power? There is very little else, if you can get it apart then replacing the fan should be quite easy, the rest is a piezo transducer that uses voltage to effectively suck the heat out of one side of itself by heating the other side. both sides are attached to heatsinks, the warm side has a fan to aid cooling. Can it heat the internal compartment? And if so does it? If it doesn't then the transducer is unserviceable and you need a new fridge/coolbox.
Thank you for this explanation. The fan wasn't turning under power last time I tried. I'll try it out again to see if the heating works.